TD Bank Risk Manager - Credit Risk Management in Wilmington, Delaware
Auto req ID 215442BR
Job Title Risk Manager - Credit Risk Management
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Falmouth - Gray Rd
Greenville Campus B
Wilmington - Market Street
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Risk Management
Job Category(s) Risk Management
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Risk Manager I am responsible for managing the creation, implementation and validation of various risk segmentation strategies including, but not limited to: adjudication, account management, exposure management, risk segmentation, and financial return optimization. This job provides critical information, interpretative, and detailed analysis, and deploys critical credit risk rational strategies that ensure the decisions are made within the TD risk appetite and adhere to all governmental requirements and guidelines. The Risk Manager I's primary accountability is providing a comprehensive and diverse range of risk management expertise. The Risk Manager I investigates, creates, implements and validates various risk segmentation strategies and policies using complex data, advanced analytical approach, and business intelligence tools.
• Demonstrates governance, control and risk management behaviors in alignment with TD policies and practices
• Leads/participates in the identification, development and implementation of new initiatives, operating workflow, additional services/applications or operational efficiencies including potentially leading special project teams or cross functional work groups
• Assists with developing and enhancing credit risk assessment capabilities to identify and maintain good business opportunities with new and existing clients
• Performs detailed analysis and interprets information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical strategies including non-standard and ad-hoc requests as determined by management
• Creates reports on the results of implemented strategies, using all appropriate quantitative methods and MIS, and makes recommendations to increase efficiencies and revenue while managing credit risk and produce those reports on a regular basis
• Effectively works cross-functionally with teams outside of risk
• Works with Internal Audit / External Regulators, to ensure that documentation for all work processes is complete and up-to-date
• Ensures sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management within the risk guidelines of the Bank.
• Ensures the timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and encourages a good working relationship with other internal and external groups.
• Bachelor's degree required; Graduate degree preferred
• No Certification(s)/Licenses(s) required
• 5+ years' experience required
• Proficient PC skills including a strong competency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, and a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages
• Experience with the use of Relational Databases and the process of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL or SAS
• Familiar with various analytical or reporting tools, such as SAS, R, Matlab Tableau, etc.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
• Experience in data modeling and risk management either from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial background
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced in developing and presenting recommendations to Senior Management.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine
City (Primary) Falmouth
ProvState 2 Florida
City(s) 2 Jacksonville
ProvState 3 Delaware
City(s) 3 Wilmington
ProvState 4 North Carolina
City(s) 4 Charlotte
ProvState 5 South Carolina
City(s) 5 Greenville
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.