TD Bank Private Client Services Senior Trust Advisor in Wilmington, Delaware
Auto req ID 206147BR
Job Title Private Client Services Senior Trust Advisor
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Bucks County Regional
Exton/West Whiteland Regional
One Commerce Square
Wilmington - Market Street
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Wealth Management
Job Category(s) Wealth Management
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Private Client Services (PCS) Senior Trust Advisor administers and retains assigned accounts, including trusts, estates, personal retirement and agency relationships. Establishes and maintains strong business relationships with clients, determines their financial goals and objectives and develops comprehensive financial strategies and plans. Explains terms of governing documents and advises clients concerning banking needs, estate planning, gifting, and tax matters. Achieves assigned sales goals by developing internal and external networks, obtaining referrals from clients, and expanding and deepening current relationships.
The PCS Senior Trust Advisor may focus on a specialty within Private Trust such as Real Estate or Probate; as such Customers may be internal rather than external.
• The Level III Portfolio Revenue target is $1 million.
• Works independently and autonomously and makes decisions on more advanced and complex issues.
• Administers most complex and larger accounts.
• Develops and maintains relationship with clients to discuss financial goals and objectives, explain terms and specifications of governing document and advises clients regarding additional banking needs, general estate planning questions and tax issues.
• Ensures relevant client financial information is gathered, consults with clients about goals and objectives, compiles and analyzes data, coordinates with other internal personnel, prepares recommendations.
• Meets with clients regularly to review proposals, obtains feedback and makes any necessary changes and assists with plan implementation as appropriate, providing assistance with portfolio management, estate planning, charitable planning and tax matters.
• Monitors clients' accounts, resolving problems and offering alternatives to the principals and beneficiaries by communicating with internal and external contacts for real estate, legal, tax and asset management.
• Participates in presentations to individual and institutional clients to provide information on a variety of tax and financial planning services.
• Oversees less experienced staff including administrative staff, as assigned; provides training, advice and guidance to staff on complex and non-routine matters.
• Communicates regularly with Investment, Tax, Private Trust personnel and other appropriate internal areas to give and receive updated client information.
• Ensures proper administration of Company policies and regulatory guidelines and ensures coordination of services.
• Manages book of business/clients such that individual objectives for revenue realization/account profitability of Trust clients is achieved.
• Develops business plans with results based on activities identified and quantified to broaden and expand client relationships.
• Identifies referral opportunities within book of business and engage PCS partners and internal/external contacts to close on those opportunities.
• Attains predetermined annual sales, cross-referral and account retention goals through proactive client contact.
• Oversees tax and financial planning business development activities of region, including cross-sell of existing clients and development of new business relationships.
• Participates in department administration and committees as required; evaluates issues, problems and opportunities in department's account relationships and recommends changes in policies and procedures to improve efficiency and enhance revenue.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below.
• 7+ Years of related experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge and in-depth understanding of wills, estate, trust and investments required.
• Financial or professional designations required.
• Ability to formulate complete financial plans for major clients.
• Strong sales ability, including proven experience successfully attracting new clients.
• Strong execution skills and action oriented.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills required.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Systematic, integrated and critical thinker with flexibility and ability to think out of the box to provide solutions to meet a variety of business/market needs.
• Completion of a recognized trust school program preferred prior to employment.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Pennsylvania
City (Primary) Philadelphia
* Additional Cities in Primary State
ProvState 2 Delaware
City(s) 2 Wilmington