TD Bank Credit Card Risk Modeler in Wilmington, Delaware
Auto req ID 200266BR
Job Title Credit Card Risk Modeler
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Location Wilmington - Market Street
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Risk Management
Job Category(s) Risk Management
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
North American Credit Cards and Merchant Services (NACC&MS) organization was formed in Fall 2011 and brings together the credit cards and merchant services businesses in Canada and the US. TD’s credit card products are distributed through the retail distribution network in the U.S. and Canada; on a national basis in Canada leveraging direct response channels; and, through hundreds of partnership programs with financial institutions, retailers, non-profit organization, sports teams, and other third party organizations. In addition, TD offers private label financing in the U.S. and Canada. With the acquisition of the MBNA portfolio in 2011, TD’s credit card business is now ranked among the largest in Canada and among the top 10 in North America based on loans outstanding. TD’s Merchant Services business provides merchants in Canada and the U.S. with a full range of payment processing services and solutions. TD provides merchant acquiring solutions to some of the largest retailers in Canada.
The incumbent will be a key member of US CAMS modeling team which dedicates to model development and management across all credit card portfolios in US.
Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects in support of the Credit Card Risk Management efforts. This role often possesses an advanced degree in applied mathematics, statistics/probability or economics. Successful candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring and reporting on credit risk models, preparing and reporting on analyses, communicating results and findings, supporting business partner relationships and ad-hoc analyses. Working with other team members, the incumbent will ensure that all existing and new models reflect the best industry practices and follow TD Bank standards and policies.
The Credit Card Risk Modeler performs a number of tasks and controls that are critical to TD Banks’s ongoing compliance.
• Develop, interpret and implement statistical models to predict customer behavior applicable to Credit Risk initiatives such as targeted acquisition, retention and behavior-triggered programs.
• Monitor and track performance of models in production to determine degradation and the need for recalibration or redevelopment.
• Provide support to Model Governance, Model Validation, internal and external Audit.
• Dive into large amounts of structured and unstructured data to extract information, gain insight and create predictive variables to be used as inputs into models.
• Effectively communicate findings and insights gathered throughout model development to internal partners in a concise and easy-to-understand way.
• Recommend adoption of new techniques/processes to enhance the current modeling environment.
• Interact with internal stakeholders to gather the requirements from the business and be able to translate them into technical terms and vice-versa. Also, the incumbent is expected to gauge the effort needed to develop models/analyses and provide realistic timelines and recommendations keeping in mind the end product and overall expectations.
Masters or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics or economics, or at least three years of experience in a data analytics or otherwise quantitative role.
• Substantial in depth experience in use of advanced statistical techniques such as discrete-choice models, survival analysis, time-series analysis, neural networks and general regression techniques, preferably in credit card industry.
• Ability to develop and validate models independently.
• Excellent programming skills, preferably in SAS.
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
• Superior organizational abilities and project management skills, evidenced by completion of concurrent, complex projects.
• Superior follow through abilities
• Ability to work with large databases and/or data warehouses, and related data processing skills.
• Good knowledge in credit card business preferred.
Hours Mon - Fri
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Delaware
City (Primary) Wilmington