TD Bank Senior Counsel, US Regulatory in Washington, District Of Columbia
Senior Counsel, US Regulatory
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Auto req ID:
The Legal Department of TD Bank N.A. is comprised of lawyers and support with expertise tailored to deliver integrated legal solutions to our global business units and corporate functions. We are committed to delivering the highest level of expertise, service, responsiveness and flexibility to our clients by:
• Understanding our clients' business, legal, and regulatory requirements
• Anticipating emerging issues and providing flexible responses based on experience
• Providing advice that protects the Bank’s reputation and mitigates legal risk
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
The Senior Counsel provides oversight, legal advice and support to TD Bank management in Corporate Group Functions and Business Units; functions as legal expert in one or more defined subject matter areas and/or specific business lines; provides high level legal advice to specific business area(s); may prepare resolutions, contracts, memoranda to management, or litigation documents and forms, and participates in major legal actions; and foresees and protects the Company against legal risks.
The Senior Counsel, U.S. Regulatory will be a member of the U.S. Bank Regulatory team reporting to the Global Head of Legal Regulatory. The U.S. Regulatory team provides legal advice and support to TD's U.S. Corporate and Control functions on prudential bank regulation, applications and approvals, investments, AML/OFAC compliance, and related regulatory matters.
The Senior Counsel:
• Provides legal counsel and support to the Bank on examination and supervisory matters.
• Monitors relevant legislation, regulation, and supervisory guidance; assesses impact to the Bank; and partners with relevant Control Functions and business partners to coordinate Bank responses and/or implementation strategies
• Works closely with other risk partners and colleagues to deliver streamlined and customer-centric advice to the business
• May manage paralegal and administrative staff, assigning responsibilities and evaluating results
• Provides leadership, coaching, counseling and guidance to staff
• Supervises external counsel providing advice or other legal services of the Company
• Works closely with General Counsel, department attorneys and external legal counsel on specific legal issues related to the Company's business
• Serves or may lead in one or more permanent or ad hoc practice groups or cross-practice teams of attorneys and staff
• Advises lines of business on best practices that help minimize legal and litigation risk
• Manage external legal spend
• Leads highly complex and sensitive negotiations
• Considers the long-term consequences and coaches clients towards protecting the Company's interest
• Anticipates client needs; deals with complex legal issues
• Clearly delivers difficult messages without jeopardizing client relationships
• Gives pragmatic legal opinions with reasons and rationale
• Provides advice in ambiguous situations; identifies and prevents future legal risks
• Identifies and takes action on future opportunities
• Resolves most situations where conflicts arise between the needs and desires of specific business units and the interests of the Company without requiring intervention of more senior attorneys
• Recognizes opportunities to use legal expertise to make a contribution to the business
• Is viewed by the client as a business partner
• Demonstrates highest professional ethical and behavioral standards and complies with all applicable Bar Rules and Codes of Professional Responsibility, and corporate ethical and behavioral standards
• Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
District of Columbia, New Jersey, New York
Cherry Hill, New York, Washington
1 Vanderbilt Avenue Corporate, 1701 Route 70 East, 607 14th Street North West
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
Legal Services / Counsel
Legal Services / Counsel
District of Columbia
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.