TD Bank Community Mortgage Loan Officer- Tampa in Tampa, Florida
Community Mortgage Loan Officer- Tampa
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
Auto req ID:
• Takes residential mortgage loan applications and communicates underwriting decisions, including offers and/or counter offers of residential mortgage products.
• Increase mortgage loan volume, focusing on CRA, low-and moderate-income, and multicultural borrowers through effective selling of the Bank's products and programs.
• Researches organizations and agencies within assigned geographic area which are focused on providing services to low-and moderate- income persons and communities
• Establishes through direct outreach efforts, relationships with nonprofit organizations, realtors, state and local housing offices, and community based affordable housing organizations to generate and increase CRA mortgage opportunities.
• Represents the bank in community based meetings and initiatives such as housing seminars, financial literacy programs, affordable housing conferences, etc., which have the primary focus of providing services to low-and moderate-income persons
• Explains variety of mortgage products and services available and offers recommendations based on evaluation of individual prospect needs. Communicates terms and conditions of loans and finalizes sales.
• Sells other Company products and services as appropriate
• Guides customers through the mortgage application process. Explains information required and delivers required disclosures and other information to customers. Ensures applications are completed accurately and contain required information and supporting documentation. Manages expectations regarding processing times and closing dates together with customers.
• Communicates regularly with customers, underwriters, processors, realtors, closing agents and others to ensure application process proceeds as planned. Coordinates any additional information requests, clarifications and other problem solving as needed so that process remains on schedule. Attends closings as needed.
• Informs management of progress relative to goals on a regular basis and asks for assistance as needed to finalize sales, for training and for other issues as needed
• Sells and originates residential mortgage loans according to established policies, procedures and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines
• Communicates loan decisions directly to customers, explains any additional information needed and submits application materials and other required information to processing area to clear any conditions to finalize the loan commitment and prepare for closing.
• Maintains current information on the trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to retail mortgage products
• Maintains growing network of outside referral sources in assigned territory, such as real estate brokers, builders, attorneys, accountants, financial planners and other business professionals; continues researching market, identifying individuals and organizations likely to produce referrals and developing relationships to increase the referral flow; ensures referral sources have current information on mortgage products and services
• Enters information into mortgage loan system so that loans will appear accurately in the pipeline. Creates supporting files with backup and explanatory documentation and information for underwriting, regulatory and other purposes. Sends application and other required information to underwriting area.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
The Community Mortgage Loan Officer identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of community based organizations, Realtors, and local state/government agencies that serves as a recurring source of referrals of new mortgage lending opportunities with an emphasis on the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Low-and Moderate-Income (LMI), Multicultural and First Time Homebuyer customer segments. The individual would have an extensive understanding of the local Affordable Housing Market, Housing Assistance Programs, and experience providing thoughtful mortgage lending solutions and guidance to low-and moderate-income, Multicultural and First Time Homebuyers.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• Growing network of outside contacts to generate quality referral business
• Self-directed, ability to plan own activities to achieve sales goals
• Excellent time management skills
• PC skills, including knowledge of mortgage origination and automated underwriting systems
• Employee must maintain an active registration status with NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry)
• 3+ years related experience required
• Established network of community based organizations, municipalities and agencies whose primary focus is affordable housing and first time home buyer education
• Demonstrated sales ability
• In-depth knowledge of mortgage industry, products, lending practices and regulatory guidelines
• Growing network of outside contacts to generate referral flow
• Minimum target annual loan originations of 48 LMI/multicultural units
2307 West Kennedy Boulevard
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
Sales & Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.