TD Bank CRA Invest Asset Manager III (Commercial Real Estate) in Ramsey, New Jersey
Auto req ID 206471BR
Job Title CRA Invest Asset Manager III (Commercial Real Estate)
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New Jersey
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Commercial Banking
Job Category(s) Commercial Banking
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Community Reinvestment Act Investment Asset Manager III will optimize performance of a growing investment equity portfolio, mitigate risk factors, ensure expected yields are obtained and meet industry standards in practices and procedures while compliant with all Bank and regulatory policies and compliance requirements. The job manages closed Bank investments in low income housing, historic and new market tax credit opportunities and other tax advantaged vehicles as well as venture capital funds and small business investment companies to ensure compliance with the investment guidelines and requirements of the Bank, the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) guidelines. Collects and documents from outside sources information on investment properties during construction, leasing and stabilized operations. The job properly assesses and inputs data to CCG reporting systems. Production of routine system reports to monitor and report progress, performance and compliance to Bank management and to the Asset Manager III of exception issues.
• Oversees and manages closed Bank investments in low income housing, historic and new market tax credit opportunities and other tax advantaged vehicles as well as venture capital funds and small business investment companies to ensure compliance with the investment guidelines and requirements of the Bank, the Community Reinvestment Act, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) guidelines.
• Properly assesses and inputs data to CCG reporting systems. Production of routine system reports to monitor and report progress, performance and compliance to CCG and Bank management of exception issues.
• Provides administrative support to the CCG manager and Investment Officers for all properties within the Banks investment portfolio.
• Coordinates with other staff to create and maintain asset management files and records.
• Coordinates effective communication among and maintain positive working relationships with Bank departments, Syndicators, General Partners, Property Managers, Investors and Regulators.
• Keeps up to date with tax credit investment market and regulations.
• Ensures regulatory and contractual compliance of operating properties in which the Bank holds an ownership interest as Limited Partner. Conducts equity partner's role in decision-making and implementation which impact real estate performance and delivery of tax credits.
• Coordinates effective transition of property investments after acquisition and development:
oversees construction, lease-up and operations. Provides all analysis and performance reporting of operating properties. Understands financial impact of operating partnership results on syndicated fund performance. Provides reports on property holdings.
• Creates and maintains information systems necessary to efficient analysis and reporting, including database and spreadsheet tools. Identifies and assesses potential and actual problems which may impair investor return.
• Oversees the workout of operating partnerships, if necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ Years of related experience
• Operations exposure, such as creation and revision of systems, policies, procedures. Established relationships with broad network of affordable housing industry contacts.
• Proficiency in MS Windows network environment, to include MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access.
• Proven ability to analyze financial statements, legal documents partnership agreements, and discounted cash flow analyses.
• Strong knowledge of tax credit investment programs and related state and federal regulations, including Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), New Market Tax Credit (NMTC) and Historic Tax Credit (HTC) and other regulations.
• Strong understanding of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Ramsey