TD Bank Health Benefits Associate II in Portland, Maine
Auto req ID 216088BR
Job Title Health Benefits Associate II
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
1 Portland Square
Burlington - 1700 District Ave
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Human Resources
Job Category(s) Human Resources
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The HR Benefits Associate II supports the management of U.S. health benefit programs and vendor relationships, providing subject matter expertise and analytical support on program design and strategy to internal and external partners
• Reports to the Senior Manager of Health Benefits, the HR Benefits Associate will support the overall development and implementation of benefit program designs in collaboration with our external consultants and outsourced benefits administrator.
• Management of complex escalations, ERISA appeals, and HIPAA compliance for health programs, working with the external vendor, legal counsel, and internal parties to resolve issues, identify root cause and recommend and lead the implementation of related plan design or procedural changes necessary to improve the employee experience.
• Leads discussions with vendors, manages timelines and ensures deliverable dates are met; directs the focus of daily priorities for the vendors, gives regular performance feedback.
• Interprets statistical data to assess the effectiveness of existing programs.
• Independently conducts meaningful data analysis using results to draw conclusions and make recommendations
• Supports and ensures the collection of meaningful data and research, conducts due diligence and makes recommendations where appropriate.
• Leads a range of projects and work packages that vary in scope and complexity including program compliance and audits, quality assurance, and vendor management.
• Monitors and escalates vendor and system-related issues ensuring prompt and thorough resolution. Manages communications and expectations with all parties involved.
• Independently delivers assigned initiatives, ensuring business requirements are defined and met.
• Provides support to assigned programs under minimal management guidance.
• Accountable for complex programs and policy, as assigned.
• Contributes to special initiatives by representing TD internally and externally, as a subject matter expert.
• Supports the Business in managing health benefit issues.
• Ensures ongoing communication with the team on the status / progress of projects and issues / points of interest.
• Participates in action planning to address employee survey results.
• Identifies and refers complex issues / situations beyond own level of expertise.
• Supports business in achieving its HR objectives.
• Implements HR Programs.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 3-5 Years of related experience in health benefits management and program strategy
• Excellent organization, presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding relationship building, strategic planning, consulting and basic financial skills.
• Strong leadership and collaborative skills to build and maintain proactive involvements with all levels of staff and members of the community.
• Must be able to conceptualize events and programs to engage end users.
• Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
• CEBS certification (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist) or an RPA (Retirement Plan Associate) a plus.
• Ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in human resources.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of program administration and budget operations.
• Project management and project planning skills. Ability to manage large projects from start to finish, working autonomously.
• Advanced MS Office knowledge, particularly Word and Excel.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Mount Laurel
ProvState 2 Massachusetts
City(s) 2 Burlington
ProvState 3 Maine
City(s) 3 Portland
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.