TD Bank Compliance Business Oversight Analyst II in Portland, Maine
Compliance Business Oversight Analyst II
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
Auto req ID:
• Provide HMDA and CRA compliance support to Residential Mortgage & Home Equity and/or Small Business & Commercial lending business lines
• Provide objective guidance and advice to the business lines to promote strong Compliance controls and processes are in effect to mitigate inherent associated risks
• Work independently to learn regulatory requirements tied to business units assigned for review, perform complex analysis/data integrity reviews of the business line controls/processes, summarize the results of data integrity review, and analyze the results to identify areas of improvement to be discussed with the business lines.
• Perform complex monthly data integrity reviews to ensure accuracy of HMDA Loan Application Register (LAR)/ CRA Loan Register (LR) data
• Produce accurate reporting of findings identified in data integrity reviews which are provided to Senior Management across the Business and Compliance.
• Deliver on all aspects of data integrity related to HMDA & CRA regulations and conforming reporting to assist the business.
• Assist businesses in response to periodic examinations by regulatory agencies. Supports compliance management in direction and monitoring of follow up efforts to correct any deficiencies discovered in a regulatory examination or internal audit.
• Review policies, procedures, and other business line documents to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Contribute to various Compliance advisory activities (e.g. report production, process mapping, tracking, research, analysis and procedural support) as assigned
• Conduct and lead HMDA/CRA data integrity reviews, documents findings, presents findings to appropriate levels of management, and serves as reviewer of written reports within assigned teams.
• Review results with business management to mitigate compliance risk and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Present analyses and findings to compliance management and offer for approval recommendations to improve processes and remediate findings.
• Identify and stays current on regulatory issues, through evaluation of policies, practices, and industry guidance in order to develop and evaluate proposed resolutions and their impact on business processes and resources.
• Interacts and communicates with staff and senior management of the Bank and requires minimal supervision of work product.
• Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation, and teamwork; ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest
• Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency
• Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers
• Ability to analyze the most complex laws and regulations and relate those laws to operational procedures, company policies, and industry trends
• Ability to pay high attention to details and deliver under tight timeframes with multiple key stakeholders with different needs/requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide reports that identify and quantify risk
• Ability to work independently and prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet assigned timelines
• Provide day to day interaction and support to their manager
• Ability to exercise sound judgement in making decisions
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
The Compliance Business Oversight Analyst II is responsible for the integrity of data collected under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Fair Banking analysis, and the Compliance Consumer Banking Program. This role is responsible for fostering a culture of integrity and compliance, delivering objective guidance, independent regulatory compliance risk management and oversight of the Residential Mortgage, Home Equity, Small Business and Commercial Businesses. The analyst works with first line control partners, Legal, and other second line compliance groups to advise the businesses on Regulation C/BB legislation and provide support, as well as independent and objective challenge as required. The function supports the preparation for, and response to, internal and external audits/exams by assembling deliverables and researching inquiries.
Strong candidates will 1) have a strong attention to detail and ability to understand regulatory data requirements; 2) be proficient in prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines; 3) utilize previous business or Compliance experience/skills to conduct accurate and thorough data integrity reviews and assemble accurate reports; 4) understand how business processes create data 5) have strong writing skills for documenting work.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Maine, New Jersey
Mount Laurel, Portland
• Undergraduate degree required
• 3+ years' relevant experience - preferred in a data integrity role
• Relevant professional designations and/or certifications as required
• Solid knowledge of Mortgage/Home Equity and/or Small Business/Commercial Lending compliance advisory standards, procedures, laws, rules, regulations and controls
• Knowledge of current and emerging trends
• Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Advanced Excel strongly preferred. Advanced CRA Wiz strongly preferred
• May be expected to have a knowledge of broader enterprise lending platforms (i.e. Encompass, nCino) and data sources and ability to interpret data
• Require advanced understanding of a range of product and services, processes, procedures, systems and concepts within their own area of specialty and integration points with related areas
1 Portland Square, Mt Laurel - Operations Center Bldg 1 - 9000 Atrium Way
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
Anti-Money Laundering / Compliance & Regulatory Relations
Anti-Money Laundering / Compliance & Regulatory Relations, Enterprise Data & Analytics
Compliance Business Oversight
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.