TD Bank VP - In-House Attorney –Swaps, Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, TDS in New York, New York
VP - In-House Attorney –Swaps, Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, TDS
TD Securities provides a wide range of M&A advisory, capital markets products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Auto req ID:
• Transactional and advisory support to TD's swap dealers, broker dealers and global foreign exchange teams. May also include related support to other areas such as corporate lending and commodities.
• Provide support to internal documentation group responsible for transactional documentation including master trading and related agreements e.g. ISDA's, MRAs, MSLAs, MSFTAs, NAESB and ACAs. Provide advice regarding relevant regulations and legal issues including but not limited to insolvency, Dodd Frank, margin/collateral, ERISA, securities laws, local laws, jurisdiction and venue.
• Advise on required diligence regarding counterparty types, including capacity and authority, immunity, and jurisdiction and venue requirements.
• Assist in development of new forms and provisions.
• Assistance with netting opinions, both industry and bespoke.
• Research and provide advice relating to new regulations, including related to master trading agreements.
• Assist with regulatory compliance including with respect to regulatory change.
Legal Counsel providing advice related to a range of swaps, foreign exchange and derivatives activities and related documentation. The position will provide support to other members of the Legal Group as well as directly to business groups and other support and control functions. The optimal candidate will have a combination of law firm and in-house experience advising financial institution clients.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
To fulfill the responsibilities of the position, the incumbent must be qualified to practice law in NY State with a minimum of 6 years’ combined experience in a law firm and/or an investment bank legal department. The candidate should be willing and ready to develop legal skills and expand knowledge into new substantive areas of law as may arise.
The candidate will be attentive to detail, have strong organizational, writing, research and communication skills, be able to cross-train and work both independently and collaboratively, and be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities.
The position is based in New York City, with a hybrid in office/remote work model.
125 Park Avenue TDS
Job Category - Primary:
Legal Services / Counsel
Legal Services / Counsel
$79,560 - $129,480 annually
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.