TD Bank Scrum Master in New York, New York
Auto req ID 197999BR
Job Title Scrum Master
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New York
City1 New York
Location NYC - 52nd St (15th Fl)
Business line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
At TD, we don't believe in standing still. We know the needs of our customers and employees can be met (and exceeded) with visionary leadership, continuous improvement and collaboration. Our Agile practitioners embody every one of those qualities, improving the way TD delivers legendary customer experiences and trusted advice. Our Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches provide support to teams across the bank, breaking down Agile methods and principles and implementing them in the right context. We foster an inclusive, collaborative project team structure using tailored techniques and best practices. Together, we deliver the foundation teams need to better communicate, innovate with purpose and execute with speed and predictability. We promote rigorous quality and multi-disciplinary collaboration throughout every project, informing the insights that raise the bar enterprise-wide.
Senior Scrum Master III
You are an expert in Scrum execution Agile understanding and are comfortable working in a scaled environment. As a champion of the principles and practices of the Agile methodology, you manage its end-to-end implementation, ensuring your teams are engaged, informed and productive. You are a top domain expert, providing thought leadership to teams across the bank. Teams will look to you for crucial guidance and advice, as well as innovative strategies and tactics. Together, you ensure the key elements of the Agile process are followed, drive execution and nurture a collaborative culture, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement every step of the way.
We are looking for someone to drive execution on Agile teams, provide guidance, thought leadership and oversight that will build Agile capability across the organization. This role will be proactive and understand / recognize when a situation calls for scale, and work to adapt the processes and execute.
Here are the essential job functions of this position:
• Acts as an Agile Champion within the organization, shaping Agile practices within their respective function by providing mentorship and guidance to practitioners, business and executives
• Recognized as a top domain expert who can operate in a scaled environment, interpret internal and external business issues and recommend best practices – based on deep knowledge of Agile methodology - to resolve complex problems
• Drives continuous improvement and change, engaging stakeholders to identify business problems and create scalable solutions that adapt the Agile process and drive productivity throughout the project lifecycle
• Engages appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage impediments and required outcomes of projects for the business
• Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
• Ability to transition to coaching role with expertise in leading-edge theories or techniques in their own field. Uses these insights to contribute to the development of Scrum Master strategies
• Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Scrum, Agile theory, methodology, techniques, rules, and practices, estimating/sizing, planning, forecasting, reporting, conflict resolution and facilitation – be known as a go to person
• Knowledge of current and emerging agile industry trends and best practices and internal or external business issues to improve team efficiency
• Drives continuous improvement as a change agent, engaging stakeholders to identify business problems and create scalable solutions that adapt the Agile process and drive productivity throughout the project lifecycle
• Ability to lead, plan, execute and evaluate project activities to ensure completion of initiatives, contributing to team's direction and function; providing advice to the team and delivery execution
• Supports an environment where team freely escalates challenges; facilitate change through positive reinforcement of successes
• Share knowledge of Agile methodology – including scaling -, techniques, rules, and practices, estimating/sizing, product management, planning, forecasting, conflict resolution, leverage models, capacity and capability building and facilitation
• Advanced skill in mentoring, listening, providing feedback and performance management in compliance with all human resources policies, procedures and guidelines of conduct
• Build a collaborative, supportive culture within the team, encourages and enables team members to seek out new opportunities to enhance team interactions and problem solving
• Ability to establish goals and objectives and contribute to the team's overall direction; Provide advice to the team and all levels of leadership, supporting forecasting initiatives and demand in order to help develop annual strategic plan
• Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across teams and functions
• Skill in using computer applications including Jira and Confluence
• Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in their approach to stakeholder engagement and work to support the Agile transformation agenda
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
• Undergraduate or post graduate degree
• Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Scrum Master in scaled Agile framework (e.g., SAFE) and 7+ years of Scrum Master experience with 2+in a scaled environment
• Typically requires 10 years of experience as part of an agile delivery team
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York