TD Bank Market Credit Manager II – CRA Credit Management in New York, New York
Market Credit Manager II – CRA Credit Management
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Auto req ID:
Commercial Real Estate "CRE" focuses on high quality, top tier, and well-capitalized developers, professional managers, and owner/operators of investment real estate. Specific core asset classes include: Multi-Family, Office, Retail, and Industrial properties.
• Leads a Team of Credit Specialists and Credit Analysts
• Manages the credit operational risk of a developing a smaller Region or Portfolio while driving profitable business growth
• Involvement early on in deal structure in partnership with Regional Director or Team Lead and Credit Risk Management
• Jointly sponsors and advances transactions with the Regional Director or Team Lead during the approval process
• Ensures adherence to Risk Policies, operational risk processes, policies, and practices and drives business successes
• Assists in executing the regions or division's business plan by ensuring the timely and consistent underwriting and closing of new and existing credit relationships within the business unit, consistent with the TD Bank Group Risk Appetite Principles and credit policies/underwriting guidelines
• Ensures the team's applications provide a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure, due diligence, and credit presentation and adhere to AIRB methodology and address TD Banks profitability objectives
• Directs the completion of annual reviews and renewals of existing credit relationships in a timely manner and in accordance with Credit Policy in order to minimize credit risk
• Directs the review of compliance with loan covenants within the region
• Serves as the leader on commercial loan structuring, pricing models, Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC), Maestro and loan reporting systems within the region
• Serves as a leader in ensuring the region or division meets its Business Plan by providing consistent and complete underwriting of new credit relationships
• Manages the appropriate balance between new business development, loan pricing and credit risk within the region. Working in conjunction with the region or division, helps structure creative and competitive solutions to meet the more complex and larger customer and prospective needs, consistent with the TD Bank Group Risk Appetite Principles
• Identifies and responds to changes in the macro-economic environment, industry issues and business environment, establishing action plans to address customer issues and priorities
• Escalates credit issues of the region or division to the Regional Director or Team Lead and Credit Risk Management
• Ensures the Team's Credit Management staff is knowledgeable of and operates within the TD Bank Group Risk Appetite Principles and the applicable regulatory and compliance guidelines and procedures, including, but not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy, Firewalls, and Systems and Information Security
• Approves new loans and annual reviews within delegated credit approval limits established by TD Bank, NA Loan Policy and makes recommendations on all others
• Interprets and applies TD Bank, NAs credit risk and operational risk management strategies within the team
• Builds and maintains productive relationships with all business partners within the Division and across TD Bank, NA. Provides leadership and guidance to the Credit Specialists, Credit Analysts, and Commercial Loan or Leasing Specialist Teams.
• Coaches Credit Specialists and Credit Analysts in developing value-added credit solutions for our customers that are consistent with the TD Bank Group Risk Appetite Principles
• Ensures regions or division's response to inquiries and requirements initiated by regulatory agencies, Audit and Credit Risk Review
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Mon - Fri
The Market Credit Manager II (MCM), supporting the Affordable Housing / CRA Lending area of the Commercial Real Estate team, manages the credit underwriting and credit administration functions within Specialty Banking, consistent with the TD Bank Group Risk Appetite Principles, including establishing the credit structure, Borrower Risk Ratings and Facility Risk Ratings for new and existing credit relationships. The Market Credit Manager II directs the Credit Specialists and Credit Analysts in the monitoring of loan covenants, loan delinquency, and completion of the annual review and renewal of existing credit relationships. The Market Credit Manager II works to achieve credit management objectives within the team. This job manages a team of Credit Specialists or, in some cases, a team of Credit Specialists and Analysts
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
• 4 year Undergraduate degree; advanced degree in financial discipline preferred, other advanced degree considered
• 10+ years' experience in related field. In-depth understanding of the real estate industry, business development techniques and credit decisions
• Demonstrates excellent credit underwriting and administration skills
• Demonstrates superior ability to identify and mitigate risk
• Broad and deep understanding of value-add credit structuring in a commercial banking environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong business acumen; Excellent interpersonal skills; Customer focused
• Demonstrates planning and organizational skills. Proven ability to problem solve; Technologically proficient
• Robust Affordable Housing / CRA lending experience
125 Park Avenue Corporate
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
Commercial Banking, Management / Consulting / Advisory, Operations & Underwriting
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.