TD Bank Java –Server Side Developer in New York, New York
Auto req ID 198872BR
Job Title Java –Server Side Developer
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New York
City1 New York
Location NYC - 52nd St (15th Fl)
Business line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Developer to work on data integration/aggregation projects for the wholesale bank’s sales and trading organization. Design and develop highly scalable framework and reusable components to make solid secured and high performance application. Candidate will be involved developing Translation/Calculation layer to route data from internal systems and calculates different sales measures based on Trades and other trade/risk attributes.
• Modify the existing application components & develop new features using Java-8 /ReST apis
• Design scalable, secured framework and build reusable components
• Optimize server side components for highest performance
• Create unit test scripts for each module
• End to end testing of business functionalities
• Collaborate with other team members (developers/BA/PM) and stake holders in order to understand/gather business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
• Willingness to work hard in a flexible environment using agile methodologies
• Comfortable working with new software tools – not afraid of new technology
• Develop new or modify existing ReSTFul web services using SpringBoots
• Debug and solve issues in different env and close any application defects efficiently
• Develop build script using Gradle. Build Windows/UNIX scripts
• Work on windows Task Scheduler or Autosys
• Support existing SalesCredit production application
• Develop DB Stored procedure or modify existing stored procedure
• Update Confluence (wiki) site and documentation to reflect changes to the design, architecture, or other essential information
• Provide detailed development estimates as well as weekly status reporting
• Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles
• Coordinate with our data source technology teams to ensure data quality and ideal integration
• Strong proficiency in Java. 10+ years of experience in hands on Java development
• 3+ years of working knowledge on spring core/jdbc/boots framework
• 4+ years of solid experience on Java concurrency package, networking, algorithms and data structures. Thorough understanding of data structure and concurrency
• 5+ years of experience in a banking technology group as a developer or dev lead.
• 2+ years of experience on developing RESTful APIs
• 7+ years of experience in Database- SQL Server/Oracle.
• 1+ year of hands on experience on writing build scripts (Gradle)
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
• Detail oriented with strong communication skills
• Familiarity with code versioning tools e.g.- Git, SVN
• Must thrive in a highly collaborative, tight-knit team environment
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Candidate must be proactive in solving any application issues and work independently
• Experience in continuous development/integration methodologies
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York