TD Bank Associate, US Macro Strategist, Global Strategy Team in New York, New York
Auto req ID 199529BR
Job Title Associate, US Macro Strategist, Global Strategy Team
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New York
City1 New York
Location NYC - 52nd St (2nd Fl)
Business line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
The TD Securities US Macro Strategist team is seeking a full-time Associate to provide macroeconomic and financial market research support to the US Macro Strategy team on the trading floor in New York. The position reports to the Chief US Macro Strategist, working with strategists from the Global Macro, Rates, G10 FX, and EM strategy groups in New York and abroad.
• Gather and analyse macroeconomic and financial data, as well as policy announcements and communications.
• Assist with developing and maintaining various economic models.
• Contribute to publications that provide TD Securities' views on market-relevant events.
• The candidate will have the ability to develop a deeper understanding of capital markets and familiarity with macroeconomic and policy analysis.
• Solid knowledge of US macroeconomic and financial data; global data familiarity a plus. Familiar with data aggregators such as Haver Analytics, Macrobond or Bloomberg.
• Programming experience with one or more of the following statistical packages: EViews, Stata, R, Matlab. Well-versed in Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with VBA or Python a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Economics or related field with upper-level coursework in macro-economics and econometrics. Candidates with graduate degrees are encouraged to apply.
• 2 to 5 years' experience in macroeconomic analysis and research at a financial institution, government entity (including the Federal Reserve System), academia, or related position.
• Clear and succinct written and spoken communication skills. Able to convey quantitative information and analysis to non-technical audiences.
• Organized and detail-oriented. Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously with strict deadlines. Team player.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York