TD Bank Associate - Market Risk, TD Securities in New York, New York
Associate - Market Risk, TD Securities
TD Securities provides a wide range of M&A advisory, capital markets products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Auto req ID:
• Provide effective market risk oversight of the US legal entity and the Combined US Operations of TD Securities
• Support the management of enterprise risk strategy and policy, and provide objective oversight and independent challenge for comprehensive and proactive risk management across TD in support of business objectives
• Reinforce TD’s strong risk management culture and provides all stakeholders with a common understanding of how TD manages risk
• Manage and maintain the annual risk appetite review process and lead the ongoing relevance of TD’s Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) and related principles and measures for approval by the TD Board
• Communicate TD’s RAS and risk profile to internal and external stakeholders
• Assess management’s performance against TD’s RAS and related principles and measures and report results to the Board of Directors and/or Risk Committee of the Board
• Oversee strategies and processes that exist across TD to effectively identify and assess, measure, control, monitor and report on current and emerging risks
• Collaborate with teams to support objective risk reporting and ensure timely escalation of risk issues through a structured communication process, that is independent from the operating businesses to senior management and the Risk Committee
• Assess the effectiveness of internal controls by monitoring internal and external risk events
• Communicate changes to and verify compliance with applicable regulatory requirements for Risk Management
• Maintain a current understanding of industry leading practices in Risk Management
• Join a highly experienced and dynamic team responsible for the oversight and control of the market risk of TD Securities. If you are highly knowledgeable regarding commodity markets and products, and have solid experience in market risk or trading, we would like to talk to you.
• Market Risk Control (MRC) is responsible for ensuring that the market risk of TD Securities is well understood, transparent and controlled. MRC engages extensively with the trading desks, Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM), Model Developers and Validators, Finance, Technology, Auditors and Senior TD Executives. MRC's mandate includes:
o Developing a strategic and respected team that has an in-depth understanding of the trading businesses, including trading strategies, products, market conditions and risks, and valuation drivers.
o Providing oversight of market risk of TD Securities, ensuring all the significant market risks and results are appropriately measured and made transparent to the Bank's CRO, Senior Management, and the Board of Directors.
o Developing and maintaining the market risk and valuation policies, with limits that are respected and consistent with the Bank's risk appetite.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
• Minimum of two years of market risk or trading experience
• In-depth knowledge of derivatives pricing and risk
• Excellent interpersonal, team building, and leadership skills
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or other relevant disciplines
• Ability to thrive within an environment with a high level of complexity and urgency. Keen interest in learning and a high level of curiosity regarding financial markets and products
• Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Skillful written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large data sets (i.e. working with historical market data)
• A high level of integrity, earning the respect and trust of her/his peer group and employees
1 Vanderbilt Avenue TDS
Job Category - Primary:
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Market Risk Management
$63,440 - $104,000 annually
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.