TD Bank Analyst - MBS Trade Support, TD Securities in New York, New York
Analyst - MBS Trade Support, TD Securities
TD Securities provides a wide range of M&A advisory, capital markets products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Auto req ID:
The Trade Support Group (TSG) is responsible for post execution trade support for TDS trading businesses within Global Markets to ensure trades are reflected in the front office trading systems on an accurate and timely basis. TSG supports both trading and sales functions in Toronto, NY and London with specific accountabilities pertaining to trade capture, inventory position management, and business reporting/ trade capture and client analytics. TSG interacts with Trading, Sales, Operations, Technology, Compliance and institutional customers to effectively deliver its mandate. TSG will also support the ongoing development and design and adherence of the target operating model for front office processes that are required for effective trade execution, trade capture and position and risk management.
• Individual is responsible for the daily execution of the following activities by the New York TSG team.
• Good Understanding of MBS Passthrough and CMO New Issue Business.
- Trade Capture across Multiple Platforms for SUPERs/GIANTS/ Platinum's, Exchanges GOLD to UMBS and MACR exchanges for the MBS and CMO Business.
• Supporting the CMO New Issue CUSIP flip process.
• Monitoring reported trades on TRACE identifying any discrepancies or missed trades on all Securitized
• Working with Sales/Trading, TBM, Compliance, Technology, Risk Management and Operations on various issues that come up.
• Creating new process enhancements to improve efficiencies.
• Individual will need to develop strong understanding of CMO structuring process and should be able to assist the desk with any operational issues related to it.
• Individual will need to develop strong understanding of MBS Pass through business which entails understanding of MBS specific vocabulary such as MBS Spec Pools, TBA (To Be Announced), Dollar Roll, Pool Pay-ups, Bucketing, STIP TBA etc.
• Individual will actively manage various initiatives and ad hoc requests that impact the NY region and TSG. This applies to initiatives governed by head office as well as initiatives originating in New York. Initiatives will vary from infrastructure improvements, changes in regulatory requirements to supporting local business initiatives. The individual is expected to utilize their relationships to help drive these initiatives to completion.
• Individual is expected to evaluate any changes in regulatory requirements and changes in the business model for impact to existing TSG activities and pro-actively make changes to adapt to maintain effective business support. Where appropriate, the individual will engage cross-functional stakeholders in order to deliver the most cost effective, value-added solutions.
• Individual is expected to work in partnership with other TSG teams to ensure any audit or regulatory findings are managed and cleared within the committed timelines.
• Individual will ensure both Functional and Regional Management are kept current and apprised of all relevant issues relating to TSG activities with proper escalation of issues in a timely manner.
This Analyst role will directly support our Securitized Products Desks within New York as well as backup the rest of the TSG team as needed.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
• Knowledge of the operating environment, business processes and transaction lifecycle in US Fixed Income
• Knowledge of MBS and CMO New Issue Business preferred
• Bachelor's degree with at least 1 – 3 years' experience
• Series 7 and 63 required, or obtained after hire
• Experience or working knowledge of ION (Winfits), Tradeweb, Fannie Mae Portal, Bloomberg, TRACE and TAAPS is an asset
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
• Be highly organized and detail oriented
• Able to handle multiple priorities and a trading floor environment
1 Vanderbilt Avenue TDS
Job Category - Primary:
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Business Mgmt, Strategy & Governance
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.