TD Bank Vice President - Trading Business Management, TD Securities in New York City, New York
Vice President - Trading Business Management, TD Securities
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Auto req ID:
Trading Business Management ("TBM") proactively supports TD Securities' Global Markets businesses to achieve sustainable strategies, supervision, operating practices and governance aligned with regulatory requirements and Bank policies and appetite.
This group is responsible for performing the supervision of sales, & trading & origination activities by conducting reviews, documenting findings, and escalating exceptions in accordance with TD Securities policies and procedures.
• Scope of Supervision accountabilities covers multiple US business lines including Fixed Income, Institutional Equites, Global Equity Derivatives; Foreign Exchange, TD Commodities Debt Capital Markets Origination.
• Manage key relationships with business line supervisors and serve as primary contact to advise or coordinate with key stakeholders on day to day supervision, regulatory or business conduct matters requiring escalation.
• Provide guidance on business line Desk Operating Procedures and execute delegated accountabilities in accordance with Written Supervisory Procedures (WSPs).
• Primary contact for Global Markets Swap Dealer supervision and surveillance controls; and providing guidance on related Desk Operating Procedures and WSPs.
• Prepare Monthly Supervision packs for assigned businesses and lead meetings with Global Markets Supervisors to analyze key metrics/trends and review market/business conduct escalations; follow up on any action items or take-aways.
• Provide Global Markets Supervisors with interpretive guidance and best practices relating to key metrics and business conduct issues; accountabilities include but are not limited to:
o Evaluating practical applicability of Firm policies to trading and sales activities in coordination with Compliance or relevant Risk and Control teams
o Conducting First Line surveillance and business conduct reviews
o Compiling management reporting on trade capture metrics, regulatory scorecards, policy exceptions and other ad hoc reporting as required
o Assessing implications of Firm policy, regulatory, new business or best practice changes to the supervision framework
o Designing and implementing supervisory controls and procedures to address regulatory and best practice requirements
o Presenting technical matters in forums with Second Line stakeholders and drive the resolution of issues in a timely manner
o Vetting and coordinating First Line responses to regulatory inquiries in coordination with Compliance, Front Office, TBM teams; and other support groups
o Interfacing with Internal and External Auditors/Examiners as needed
o Contributing metrics to Conduct Risk Committees and Vice Chair supervision meetings
• Execute internal control procedures in accordance with the Volcker Enhanced Compliance Program and provide guidance on Trading Desk Policies.
• Manage the Best Execution Forum in the US Region, as needed.
• Enhance the US Market Access Framework and facilitate the US Market Access Committee meetings, as needed.
• Lead or key stakeholder on Global Markets regulatory initiatives; participate in business initiatives to conduct supervision operational readiness assessments.
• Participate in local committees, internal/external meetings or forums as needed.
• Proactively seeks opportunities for continuous improvement and process enhancements to supervision framework and procedures; assist with relevant change management process.
• The GM Supervision & Regulatory Initiatives team drives a strong culture of supervision and supervisory engagement, considering industry best practice and regulatory change. The Global Markets Supervision (GMS) team partners with TD Securities' Global Markets Supervisors to meet their accountabilities for the oversight of employee conduct and of market, credit, underwriting, and operational risks. Specifically, GMS facilitates a sustainable First Line Supervision framework that supports effective supervision practices and escalates key issues arising from Global Markets trading, sales and origination business activities; and executes delegated supervision accountabilities on behalf of Business Line supervisors in accordance with Firm policy and regulatory requirements. The role reports to the Director, Global Markets Fixed Income Supervision.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
New York City
• Post-secondary degree
• Solid background working in Capital Markets/Financial Services industry across various businesses with direct experience in derivative products, including front to back process flows, and market operations
• Understanding of key non-financial risk (e.g. market, credit, operational) concepts, controls and applicability to business activities
• Must be able to foster key relationships with senior Business Leaders or stakeholders
• Strong working knowledge of US Broker Dealer regulation, more specifically FINRA rules & regulations, industry best practices and supervisory requirements preferred
• FINRA Series 7 & 24 licenses preferred or commitment to obtain these registrations in the role
• As many of the tasks are regulatory focused reviews, the ability to work with Legal and Compliance to interpret regulation or policy and assess applicability to business activities is paramount in this role
• Knowledge of electronic trading platforms (e.g. ATS', ECNs SEFs, process flows, etc.) and related regulatory requirements preferred
• Must be a proactive and quick learner; have strong analytical and problem-solving skills; be detail oriented; demonstrate initiative to follow up on items or determine appropriate steps for timely resolution, possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines; be able flexibility to adapt well to changing priorities; have the ability to influence key stakeholders to achieve consensus and meet objectives; and work independently as well as in a team environment
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, including high-level competency in Excel with ability to create pivot tables, macros, and write/edit code in VBA preferred
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of TDS policies and procedures and Global markets infrastructure a plus
31 West 52nd Street
Job Category - Primary:
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Securities / Wholesale Banking
New York City
Business Mgmt, Strategy & Governance
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.