TD Bank Vice President, Market Risk Control in New York City, New York
Auto req ID 217983BR
Job Title Vice President, Market Risk Control
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New York
City1 New York City
Location NYC - 52nd St (2nd Fl)
Business line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
The Market Risk Control (USA) mandate is to bring transparency to the market risks in TDS and Combined US Operations. This is achieved by taking a leadership role in the accurate, complete, objective assessment of all key trading market risks in TDS through the identification, understanding, control and ongoing review of these risks.
The position will have the following important facets:
• Reporting to the Managing Director, Head of Market Risk Control-USA, New York, the position will provide oversight in regards to market risk control for trading desks in the region, with a focus on Rates and Mortgage businesses, Intermediate Holding Company and CCAR.
• Identify all key market risks and determine appropriate risk metrics to assess these risks;
• Establish and foster interaction with TDS trading desks in the Region, with a focus on Rates and Mortgage business, in regards to dialogue pertaining to current positions, key risks, views and strategies;
• Understand TDS business strategies in the Region and provide an independent perspective on the market risk implications of strategic business decisions/reviews. Ensure that strategies are consistent with TD Securities (USA) regional market risk appetite.
• Work closely with the desks in proactive identification and control of risk in all “structured/one-off” transactions, including the strategic rationale for such transactions;
• Maintain thorough understanding of all key risk and risk-related issues through continual review of risk reports/related data and dialogue with relevant parties. Ensure that all risks are transparent to Risk Management Executives and Business Leaders;
• Facilitate the design of appropriate stress tests and scenarios that will highlight key market risks, for the Region, focused on Rates and Mortgage businesses and in the firm as a whole, and provide ongoing commentary on stress results;
• Assist in the establishment of formal market risk policies and procedures and ensure on-going suitability as market conditions, business strategies and portfolio composition change;
• Develop a thorough understanding of key factors contributing to profitability, through continual review of P&L attribution. Provide periodic performance analysis with commentary linking the desks’ performance to specific trading strategies, positions, market conditions and underlying risks;
• Ensure that the Intermediate Holding Company, Rates and Mortgage businesses in the region have an appropriate policy for robust, independent valuations, and ensure ongoing suitability as market conditions, business strategies and portfolio composition change. Identify risk positions which require valuation adjustments for an appropriate valuation;
• Assist with MRC’s dialogue with regulators relating to market risk discussions, and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements;
• Keep abreast of new risk management techniques and industry literature.
• Understand and comply with TD Policies, regulatory and compliance requirements.
• You are required to demonstrate governance, control and risk management behaviours in alignment with TD policies and practices.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that execution of your function is line with documented procedures specific to your role or business.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York City
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.