TD Bank Senior UNIX Support Specialist, TD Securities in New York City, New York
Senior UNIX Support Specialist, TD Securities
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Auto req ID:
The TD Securities UNIX team is looking for a support engineer who wants a challenge. Capital markets is a fast paced environment, where faster is always better. We work to push our technology building low latency trading infrastructure using automated OS installations via Ansible. We partner with our hardware vendors to test out new hardware – cpus, NICs, and other server technologies. We are a one stop shop for our customer, we support what we build, and work to be as responsive as possible for our customers. New York is a big part of our environment, and the candidate will have a big part in fostering a strong relationship with our customers.
The TDSGI-UNIX team is responsible for maintaining standards for LINUX server hardware as well as project infrastructure configuration and implementation for LINUX servers deployed with TD Securities applications. We support project work (server builds), and steady state incident/on call processes
• Expert knowledge of Redhat, and SuSE
• Strong understanding of virtualization, networking, clustering, scripting
• Ansible or SALT are definite pluses; experience with GlusterFS strongly preferred
• Experience with Corvil strongly preferred
• Public Cloud (Azure) is a plus
• Hands on hardware and software troubleshooting
• Lead the technical analysis and assessment of new client in-take requests, working closely with our technology and business partners to complete solution blue prints and IDS.
• Ensure resulting solutions meet the needs of our business clients and stakeholders while adhering to the bank’s technology and quality standards.
• Maintain an understanding of business and technology directions as well as technology developments and industry trends.
• Oversee the design, development and implementation of solutions in partnership with application leads and architects.
• Obtain signoff on technology solutions, ensuring the satisfaction of our business partners and technology stakeholders.
• Attention to detail while maintaining the big picture of the project and the business.
• Act as point of escalation for unresolved Linux Server OS and Hardware technical issues. Able to work with vendors, consultants and partners in other TS areas to develop solutions.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationship with the various Line of Businesses/ ITS Management.
• Required to meet and over see agreed project objectives and timelines (designing/building/testing/deploying/decommissioning Linux servers).
• Creating/updating documentation as it relates to project assignments.
• Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC) – including development of project plans, SDP, documentation of system requirements, and estimates of scope and cost as required.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication and resolution\\escalation of issues.
• Monitor service delivery against commitments, prioritizing work activities.
• Follow documented operational procedures and processes with minimal guidance from the team such as equipment requisitioning, network requisition, inventory and asset management.
• Analyze day-to-day processes for areas and methods of improvement.
• Provide technical guidance to Build team and Support staff.
• Experience using Corvil for low latency monitoring is a preference.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
New York City
• College/University Graduate in Computer Studies
• Excellent customer service track record
• Minimum 7 years of experience building, deploying and administering Linux environment
• Expert Problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and Linux Server OS issues
• In depth knowledge regarding HP Server Hardware (Rack mount, Blade technologies and P series), Cisco UCS HW a plus
• A thorough understanding of SOX policy
• Minimum 1 year of experience managing, maintain and supporting VMWare Products
• In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, VLANs, Clustering
• Knowledge of file/print environment configurations
• Strong understanding of Storage Area Networks (SAN)
• Must be able to prioritize, working independently and in team a environment
• Highly organized and process driven
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Familiar with change management best practices
125 Park Avenue Corporate
Job Category - Primary:
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Securities / Wholesale Banking
New York City
IT Application Support
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.