TD Bank Operations Analyst, Global Fixed Income Primary Issuance & Syndicate in New York City, New York
Auto req ID 200726BR
Job Title Operations Analyst, Global Fixed Income Primary Issuance & Syndicate
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New York
City1 New York City
Location NYC - 52nd St (9th Fl)
Business line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Global Operations and Business Services is a diverse and dynamic group of individuals, whose varied talents and experiences enable us to provide critical infrastructure services that support and/or control the trading, investment, and corporate banking functions of TD Securities. We are committed to innovation with purpose, execution with excellence, and continually improving the employee value proposition. We foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, and community giving. Our dynamic team is divided into five main functional areas: Capital Markets, Financing Operations, Payment and Correspondent Banking Services, Business Services, and Change Delivery.
The Debt Capital Market & New Issues business is a fast-growing area within TD Securities with high internal visibility at the senior executive level within both TD Securities and TD Bank NA. The business has leveraged TDBG’s strong brand name and reputation to build a world class platform for growing its underwriting activities, while focusing on raising capital for highly rated issuers in the following sectors: Investment Grade Corporate Issuers, Financial Issuers, Supranational, Sovereign and Agency Issuers (“SSAs”) and Canadian Provincial Issuers. In addition, the DCM business leverages long standing relationships that already exist with many issuers through one or more of TDBG’s diverse business lines. The financial and investor communities widely view TDBG as a strongly capitalized firm with a substantial and diverse client base. This, coupled with the DCM team’s product offering and market expertise, adds significant value to issuers in underwriting distribution efforts.
The Operations Associate, Global Fixed Income Primary Issuance & Syndicate Operations will be responsible for day to day functions that support all of the firm’s primary debt issuance business. The incumbent, as part of the Primary Issuance & Syndicate Operations team, will help provide essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. The team spans all product lines and markets, serving as an internal business partner who develops the processes and controls that help specific systems deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
The incumbent will have direct responsibility over various aspects of the book-running process, which relies on heavy interaction with the syndicate desk, transaction structure management, DCM, ECM and the Operations team.
The role will also provide support to the DTC/Euroclear settlements team when necessary, as a settlements officer supporting all TDS settlement activity (New York, Toronto, London). Given the role has a regular fluctuation in work level, the support for settlement could be substantial at times.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating syndicate operations activity for the Fixed Income Capital Markets business
• Build strong relationships with Front Office, Transaction Management, and Fixed Income Settlements teams globally to ensure clarity and alignment of business requirements and operational support
• Interact with Finance, Business Risk Management, and Credit etc. to ensure they are kept up to date on any potential issues.
• Identify process changes to measurably improve operational efficiency and drive process simplification
• Provide operational and process-related analysis and support
• Providing a control framework to manage the operational risk of the business
• Providing support and advice to the business with regards to operational processes impacting deal activity
• Represent Ops to coordinate with Syndicate Members, Trustee, Depositary, Legal Counsel etc for IPO deals and play a leading role among external and internal parties when acting as the settlement agent of the deal.
• Manage settlements effectively to avoid operational risk, regulatory violations or reputational risk.
• In times of low primary issuance volume, provide support as a settlements officer in the DTC/Euroclear settlement for all regions managed out of New York; this will require clear and detailed coordination between the lead manager for Primary Issuance & Syndicate Operations and the lead for DTC/Euroclear settlements.
• Keep all procedure manuals current and up to date
• University degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of experience in Fixed Income Operations with a deep understanding of the processes and controls necessary for the primary issuance business
• Solid knowledge of the US, European and Asian fixed income markets is a must, with a clear understanding of how primary and secondary markets function in each of those locations as it relates to trade processing and settlement (e.g. DTC, Euroclear, Clearstream, Asutralclear, etc)
• Solid experience with DTC , Fed settlement process
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Thoroughness and attention to detail to ensure this fast growing business has minimal operational risk and client impact
• Ability to work in a team environment, across functions, regions and time zones, in order to achieve group targets
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to think and work independently to solve problems and escalate issues on a timely basis and when necessary
• Strong PC and technical skills, with knowledge of Broadridge Impact, Calypso, Bloomberg, Omgeo OASYS & CTM
• Demonstrate strong governance, control and risk management behaviors
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York City