TD Bank MBS Operations Analyst in New York City, New York
Auto req ID 204073BR
Job Title MBS Operations Analyst
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New York
City1 New York City
Location NYC - 52nd St (9th Fl)
Business line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
MBS Operations is a diverse and dynamic group of individuals, whose varied talents and experiences enable us to provide critical infrastructure services that support and/or control to the trading, investment, and corporate banking functions of TD Securities. We are committed to innovation with purpose, execution with excellence, and continually improving the employee value proposition. We foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, and community giving. So, if you are industrious, collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking, joining our team could be an ideal opportunity for you.
The MBS Operations team partners with the front office and other groups globally to mitigate risk and deliver world class service to our global client base. They provide operational support and control functions across the trade lifecycle. The team is heavily involved in new product initiatives and process improvements to streamline our support model. They take great pride in ensuring controls are being continuously reviewed and updated while focusing on the customer at every point of contact.
If you are industrious, collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking, while also maintaining a commercial view on the market, joining our team could be an ideal opportunity for you.
The candidate will support the MBS sales and trading desk in the life cycle for MBS products.
The incumbent will be point person responsible for building a mandate and team that will ensure a seamless experience and interaction between external customers, Operations and the Front Office.
• Understanding of MBS trade flow
• Affirm/Confirm sales trades with clients
• Ensure client trades are allocated in an accurate and efficient manner
• Support growing MBS sales desk consisting of heavy interaction with customer accounts and facilitating the allocation of money manager sub-accounts for client type trading
• The individual will be required to establish close working relationships with the Trading Desk, Sales Desk, Clearance, Technology, Credit, Legal & Compliance and Trade Accounting
• Monitor RTTM for daily trading activity
• Knowledge of RTTM (FICC), TBA Netting, Pool Netting and the Specified Pool Markets
• Manage and allocate TBA trade flow and pool inventory on 48 hour days
• Knowledge of Mega/Giant/Platinum deal creation
• Maintain Trading desk’s positions and effectively communicate with them
• Act as the team lead across the trade life cycle for MBS products, to mitigate risk and provide world class customer service
• Support development, testing, and implementation of enhancements
• Bachelor’s degree: Finance or Business preferred
• At least 5+ years’ experience in Mortgage-Backed Securities and related products
• Awareness and ability to see issues through eyes of the customer in order to provide legendary experiences and trusted advice
• Strong team player, collaborates with others across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges the contributions of others
• Bloomberg, Oasys, Alert, MBSE and Impact experience
• Able to work in a fast pace, deadline sensitive environment and possess good communication skills
• A self-starter who is comfortable in a complex role that interfaces regularly with clients, front office, technology, finance, and trade support teams
• A mindset of critical thinking, risk management and understanding the needs of TDS’s clients and internal business partners
• Strong judgement and problem solving – Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives
• Interpersonal and relationship management skills
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York City