TD Bank Infrastructure Cloud Senior Architect and Engineer in New York City, New York
Auto req ID 198531BR
Job Title Infrastructure Cloud Senior Architect and Engineer
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New York
City1 New York City
Location NYC - 52nd St (15th Fl)
Business line Corporate
Job Category - Primary Technology Solutions
Job Category(s) Technology Solutions
TD Description ITS is part of the TD Bank Group (TDBG), one of Canada's largest financial institutions. ITS designs, delivers and maintains available, adaptable, secure, and cost-effective infrastructure-based technology services to TD and supports the bank’s vision and strategy to be the best-run, most integrated, customer-focused, financial institution in areas where the bank competes.
Working with technology and business partners, ITS delivers and maintains all internal (employee facing - computers, phones, mobile, software and hardware) and external (customer facing - banking, trading and monetary vehicles supported by electronic systems) infrastructure technology solutions that support the bank. ITS plays a critical role by providing this computing / network foundation in support of 1600+ applications serving 22 million customers and hundreds of millions of transactions daily, and in support of the ongoing productivity and mobility of TD’s 85,000+ staff.
With a North American-wide workforce, ITS has centers located in Toronto, Scarborough, Mississauga, Barrie, London in Ontario, Canada, New York and New Jersey, USA.
Infra Cloud Senior Architect will report to Sr. Management within the Infrastructure Engineering organization. The accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
• Private and Public Cloud Solution Design and Architecture.
• Develop and execute strategy to steer solutions to the use of standardized design patterns across Application, Platform and Infrastructure. The incumbent will require an in-depth understanding of their business needs while identifying and leveraging synergies across the various areas.
• Cloud Infrastructure Consulting and Adoption Support Work with partners and team members within Technology to provide professional consultation services on technology best practices, standards and policies/guidelines.
• Coordinate and lead teams to deliver solutions focusing on Infrastructures of VMware private cloud and Public cloud based environments, meet SLA’s, Interface with IT, finance, audit, business unit management and other areas of TDBFG to ensure integrated processes, efficient introduction of new technologies, retirement of obsolete technologies and support for business-led initiatives requiring the capabilities of this infrastructure.
• Lead Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security with your domain expertise.
• Strong Experience in architecture leadership that brings together and integrates solutions across multiple vendors (e.g. VMware NSX, Palo Alto, ServiceNow, F5 and Cisco).
• Hybrid Cloud Infrastructures (e.g. VMware HCX)
• Ensure that all areas in the organization that provision, deploy and support the Cloud based technology designs have the documentation they require to effectively execute their roles for project delivery.
• Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation. Participate in designing and managing IT Security with primary focus on infrastructure. Lead security and compliance based projects. Assist with projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements.
• Act as thought leader, innovator and agent of change to influence and drive Infrastructure Engineering strategy and proactively share knowledge with team members to further extend team capability and service excellence.
• In depth knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere and NSX technologies and its upstream/downstream interaction points across multiple platform domains and technology areas.
• Experience in developing strategies, roadmaps and designs for large-scale organizations.
• Extensive project experience designing enterprise VMware Cloud environments by implementing best practices with a focus on server optimization, availability, functionality, and scalability.
• Solid knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancing and storage technologies.
• Strong Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Perl).
• Infrastructure Automation experience with Ansible, SALT.
• Utilize subject matter expertise to introduce new technologies, or new versions of existing technologies, into the organization.
• Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
• Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology.
• Exhibits comfort and maintains composure with audiences at all levels, tailors communication style and delivery to different audiences, uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others.
• Uses knowledge of formal and informal policies and organizational interconnections to effectively navigate boundaries.
• Strong influence and persuasion skills – gets people to change position or course of action through conversations and debate.
• Work collaboratively across the ITS leadership team to gain support, resourcing, and drive results.
• Build effective relationships with IT leaders across the organization.
• Able to manage effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
• Highly motivated individual with a track record of successfully implementing solutions across line of business boundaries.
• Must be able to work with a pool of experts and ensure high levels of service even when the effort crosses organizational boundaries.
• Comfortable leading through change and recognized as a champion for continuous improvement.
• Thrives in a fast paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
• Proven negotiation and influencing abilities, with contract/vendor management experience an asset.
• 10 + years’ experience as an Infrastructure Architect/Engineer Experience with VMware product portfolio and strong understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, IBM)
• University or post-graduate degree
• The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering)
• Strong preference for Certified Professional
• Technology leadership and execution
• Strong communicator, with excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
The role can sit in US or Canada
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York City