TD Bank Director - Global Head of Asset Servicing Operations, TD Securities in New York City, New York
Director - Global Head of Asset Servicing Operations, TD Securities
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Auto req ID:
As the Global Head of Asset Servicing for TD Securities, you will work in close contact with Sales and Trading, Operations, Technology as well as various support partners. You will have global responsibility with exposure to all trading and investment banking products requiring you to have a deep understanding of all asset servicing events for fixed income, equity and option products.The role will require building out the asset servicing function and forming a dedicated Operations team integrating with the Tax Operations supporting trading desks across Global Markets. You will lead this newly formed team with expertise of financial products, an understanding of the business strategy, and strong people management skills
• Ability to manage regular interaction with Traders, regional Operations teams, and various internal stakeholders.
• Ability to provide advice to the business on the asset servicing impact of trades and the interaction of the Sales and Trading and Operations' systems, especially regarding trades and proposed new workflows.
• Ability to understand the corporate actions, conversions, stock loan and corporate actions, dividends and P&I, Proxy requirements, and class actions.
• Understanding of all Corporate Actions in the context of Equity Derivatives.
• Understanding of Rules and Regulations associated with fails/tax and implications to Corporate Actions.
• Knowledge of the processes for Tax Withholding and tax compliance in a Capital Markets environment including relevant filings.
• Support change project initiatives and conduct User Acceptance Testing for enhancements to current systems or migration to new system.
• Continued focus to improve the process speed, accuracy, proactively identifying and eliminating operational risks.
• Develop a global asset servicing team across multiple locations and responsible for all aspects of asset servicing supporting fixed income, equity and option products.
• Manage the Tax operations team responsible for the monitoring and implementation of global tax regulations including FATCA and CRS.
• Support for various lines of business including Fixed Income, Equity and Options Trading, Stock Loan, Repo Trading Institutional, Custody, and Prime Brokerage.
• Recommend tech solutions and time to market for these based on prior experience.
• Oversee the design and implementation of a strategic platform to standardize controls and simplify and mitigate risks associated with asset servicing.
• Ensure appropriate risks and control routines are in place and operating effectively.
• Manage vendor relationships ensuring SLA's are met and optimizing cost and services.
• Manage implementation of new tax regulations and client service offerings for products supported.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
New York City
• Bachelors degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 7+ Years of related experience
• Highly organized with excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Leadership and presentation skills required
• Supervisory experience required
• Management skills, with ability to coach, train and motivate staff effectively
• Ability to initiate and coordinate projects involving multiple departments
• Strong understanding of technology applications related to operational procedures
125 Park Avenue Corporate
Job Category - Primary:
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Securities / Wholesale Banking
New York City
TDS Global Operations
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.