TD Bank Paralegal - RMI in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Auto req ID 204010BR
Job Title Paralegal - RMI
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New Jersey
City1 Mount Laurel
Location 3000 Atrium Way
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Legal Services | Counsel
Job Category(s) Legal Services | Counsel
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Paralegal provide wide range of paralegal support and general paralegal and incidental administrative services to practice teams or individual attorneys in the Legal Department. The Paralegal resolves, under supervision of counsel, routine legal issues and researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles and codes to prepare legal documents.
• Assists with management of expenditures on outside counsel.
• Interacts with corporate subsidiaries and business lines regarding variety of legal matters.
• Assists stores and business lines throughout the company with legal process, researching and responding to legal questions as necessary.
• Prepares draft meeting presentations and training sessions for department and other business units.
• Reviews and summarizes contracts and provides recommendations when appropriate; maintains contract files.
• Retrieves and/or prepares information, witnesses, and legal documents for external counsel retained.
• Assists in the preparation and maintenance of corporate records, corporate filings, preparation of corporate votes and certificates and drafting of documents.
• Drafts resolutions, contracts, pleadings and other legal documents and instruments, including Employee contracts, shareholder agreements, stock-option plans, Employee benefit plans and etc.
• Works with the team in the coordination of regulatory application planning, production and delivery.
• Prepares and reviews, under supervision of counsel, draft legal pleadings and motions to be filed with the court.
• Prepares and obtains affidavits and assists external attorneys in coordinating witnesses and production of evidence for hearings.
• Researches appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal activities and other materials that are relevant to assigned cases.
• Deals directly with clients to assist in gathering and providing appropriate documentation.
• Prepares documents for legal response and coordinates processing of actions such as briefs, pleadings, and product documentation.
• Prepares draft corporate and regulatory documents and filings; assists in drafting of policies, procedures and product documentation.
• Handles independently initial screening of incoming legal communications and correspondence.
• Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 3-5 Years of related experience
• Experience in legal department or law firm related to area of practice preferred
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Sound knowledge of legal concepts, principles, terminology and procedures
• Must be able to effectively prioritize and meet quick deadlines in a deadline driven environment
• Uses discretion and has autonomy to accomplish tasks
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates professional conduct and presence, exercising tact, diplomacy and discretion in sensitive matters
• Strong organizational and legal research skills
• PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Access
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Mount Laurel