TD Bank Loan Underwriter III - Mortgage in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Auto req ID 213730BR
Job Title Loan Underwriter III - Mortgage
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New Jersey
City1 Mount Laurel
Location 12000 Horizon Way
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Operations & Underwriting
Job Category(s) Operations & Underwriting
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Loan Underwriter III is primarily responsible for underwriting and evaluating conventional, FHA, VA, and CRA Residential Mortgage applications in compliance with bank policies and procedures. This job also is responsible to underwrite and evaluate Home Equity and Consumer Loans.
• Underwrites ethical and salable residential mortgage and consumer loans and evaluates risk while insuring the quality of each loan submitted
• Approves loans, issue alternative options, or adverse action accordingly using sound judgment while applying bank policies and procedures
• Validates the data entry to the appropriate Loan Operating System and evaluates all applicable documentation as required by job function
• Evaluates all documents and conditions loan accordingly
• Identifies loans for exceptions while ensuring proper procedures are followed for approval and documentation. Clears or resolves any issues.
• Notifies Operations Manager and/or Director of Mortgage of integrity issues and ensure files are compliant to internal guidelines and external regulatory requirements
• Maintains knowledge of loan product guidelines, internal policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements
• Coaches and mentors assigned operations staff. Assists with training and guidance as assigned by Underwriting Manager
• Monitors vendor performance if required, submits monthly report to management
• Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position
• 2 year degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 3-5 years loan underwriting experience or 5-7 years of loan processing experience
• 3-5 Years Residential Loan Underwriting Experience
• Will support the High Net Worth/Wealth Mgmt customers, with residential/consumer lending limits in the $1-2MM aggregate range as approved by Credit Risk Management.
• Outstanding knowledge of loan underwriting documentation requirements.
• Mortgage Operations - complete knowledge of FNMA DU automated underwriting system. Must also be familiar with underwriting jumbo loans and government products such as FHA and VA loans.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all types of personalities and the ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent PC skills.
• In-depth knowledge of regulatory, investor and departmental lending policies for underwriting of conventional loan requests.
• In-depth knowledge of CRA products and industry.
• Detail oriented, possessing excellent organizational, analytical and decision making skills.
• Ability to communicate with multiple business partners in the organization.
• Ability to handle heavy workload, multitask and meet stringent deadlines.
• This position falls within the definition of Loan Originator as defined under Regulation Z of the Truth in Lending Act, 12 CFR Part 1026.36, and the definition of Mortgage Loan Originator as defined under the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act), 12 U.S.C. §§ 5102 et seq., and its implementing regulations, 12 CFR Part 1007.
• Must be eligible for employment with a covered financial institution under the standards established by Regulation Z of the Truth in Lending Act, 12 CFR Part 1026.36.
• Must be eligible for registration as a registered mortgage loan originator with the NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry) in accordance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act), 12 U.S.C. §§ 5102 et seq., and its implementing regulations, 12 CFR Part 1007.
• A satisfactory criminal background check, credit report, and statements from job applicant regarding administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government agency are required by federal law for this position.
Hours 8am - 5pm, M-F
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Mount Laurel