TD Bank IT Senior Architect, Corporate Risk in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
IT Senior Architect, Corporate Risk
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Auto req ID:
TD IT Architecture covers TD's overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technology architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. Architects typically develop and maintain any combination of the following: solution and application architecture, infrastructure environment architecture, technical integration architecture, data strategies and models, security and enterprise architecture.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
Graduate Degree preferred.
10+ years relevant experience.
• Relevant experience with large Corporate Risk systems Architecture and Design (including understanding of Credit, Market, Operational Risk business functions and capabilities, data architecture concepts, and advanced analytics concepts
• 5+ years of solution architecture experience designing and integrating complex enterprise platforms and vendor products
• Ability to serve as the top technical individual expert who can impart knowledge of architecture related to specific business domains or broad range of architecture frameworks, technologies, tools, and processes
• Advanced knowledge of COTS applications for financial services, related programming languages, as well as industry and technology best practices
• Knowledge of and experience with modern technologies and concepts (Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Event Streaming, Data Warehousing etc.)
• Interest and proven ability to work autonomously as an architectural specialist on high profile, complex and high-risk technology projects with significant organizational impact
• Demonstrated experience in providing technical leadership, consulting and direction to large teams on all aspects of architecture, and to drive architecture thought leadership and outcomes even in ambiguous settings
• Foresight of architectural issues, risks and gaps and can identify emerging industry trends (i.e. future focused)
• Proactive thinking when it comes to providing recommendations on value-added architectural improvements and enhancements
• Self-starter with capacity to take on one or more areas of focus (e.g. enterprise, data, application and technology architecture domains)
• Experience in financial services would be advantageous including knowledge of Enterprise Risk, Governance and Regulatory Compliance functions as well as relevant industry trends and regulatory outlook
• Knowledge of major vendors and products for Risk and is an asset (e.g. OFSAA, SAS, RiskTech and enterprise integrated risk solutions)
• Influencing skills and the ability to effectively champion Architecture strategy across a diverse audience
• Excellent networking and relationship building skills across business and technology stakeholders
• Excellent logical thinking skills, possessing the ability to prepare logically structured papers & assessments of options
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to present architectural options to IT and business staff (including executives)
• Experience working in both agile and traditional/waterfall IT environments
• Azure/Cloud Fundamentals Certification (must have), Azure/Cloud Architect (highly desirable)
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
8am - 5pm
About This Role
As part of the Corporate Systems team within Enterprise Architecture, we're looking for a Senior IT Architect for our Corporate Regulatory and Risk portfolios (covering functions such as Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk) for both US and Canada. This is a high visibility independent contributor role with significant focus on architecture and technology strategy, collaboration across business, technology and architecture domains, and technical design guidance on project solutions ensuring alignment to defined target states and architecture standards. The role may also perform the function of lead senior solution architect on complex and highly strategic modernization initiatives in the Risk portfolios.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- • Lead design and development of an architecture target state to govern how solutions will be produced and implemented, including technology domain architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles, patterns and standards.• Review project blueprints and advise on best design solutions across application, integration, data, security and infrastructure.• Identify cross-project and cross-domain opportunities to simplify, rationalize and optimize the technology portfolio, proactively raising synergy opportunities to architecture, business and technology leadership, helping influence short- and long-term investment plans.• Research and analyze business requirements to recommend optimal architecture solutions.• Act as lead architect on vendor evaluations and major strategic decisions ensuring fit to target state and overall technology and architecture strategies. • Participate as a top technology and architecture expert and consultant and/or lead senior solution architect on the most high-risk and complex projects.• Build consensus, facilitate collaboration and decision-making within and across business and technology units ensuring decisions align to technology and architecture strategies.• Use knowledge of the Corporate Risk functions to create timely and informed technical guidance on projects, identify and recommend cross domain synergy opportunities and inform appropriate prioritization and roadmap efforts to target state. • Apply industry and technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and minimize risk.• Keep current with emerging industry trends, new technologies, emerging internal standards, and best practices that can contribute to delivering effective solutions in the Corporate portfolios.• Build expert knowledge of core vendor products used in Risk, and keep current on vendor marketplace trends, roadmaps, and opportunities. • Collaborate closely with Senior Architecture peers across architecture domains and mentor more junior architecture colleagues in Risk and other Corporate domains.• Contribute to the evolution of the architecture practice providing both leadership and guidance and taking initiative to optimize internal processes. Inclusiveness: At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Province/State: New Jersey City: Mount Laurel Work Location: Mt Laurel - Technology Center - 17000 Horizon Way Business Line: TD Bank AMCB Job Category - Primary: Technology Solutions Job Category(s): Technology Solutions **Province/State (Primary): New Jersey City (Primary): Mount Laurel Job Family: Architecture Time Type: Full Time Employment Type: Regular
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.