TD Bank Engineer I (US) in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Engineer I (US)
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Auto req ID:
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• University or Post-Graduate Degree.
• Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering).
• 3-5 years relevant experience.
• Knowledge of specific domain or various engineering frameworks, technology, tools, processes, and procedures.
• Sound knowledge of TD applications, systems, networks, innovation, design activities, best practices, overall business standards.
• In-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in your own discipline.
• Can prioritize and manage workload (under management guidance) to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
• Solve moderately complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
Cyber Security Engineer I
We are looking for someone to perform a broad range of activities while collaborating and supporting others on the Security Engineering team. You will be involved in developing components of solutions with a focus on analytics, support, testing, and proof-of-concepts aligned to business and technology objectives. Think career growth potential!
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
• Develop new solutions for engineering programs and projects as well as develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts aligned to business needs.
• Participate in the conceptual and logical engineering designs for assigned portfolio.
• Analyze technical requirements and recommend pragmatic and comprehensive engineering specific solutions for your own area.
• Work with other stakeholders to ensure engineering solutions meet technical direction, requirements, performance, time-to-market, and innovation goals.
• Contribute to enterprise and business line engineering strategies and mandates.
• Respond to routine or standard requests from internal and external customers.
• Understand relationships between work processes and the business to ensure awareness of costs related to workloads.
• Monitor product life cycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and engineering decisions, undertaking re-development where required.
• Document and verify system components, applications, system infrastructure, security, integration, operability and engineering related architecture designs associated with a program or project.
• Participate in quality management reviews, reviews of the designs, prototypes, and other required work products to ensure they are fulfilled.
• Develop as-built program activities to establish details needed using configuration management processes.
• Provide support to ensure accuracy of drawings and other technical baseline documents.
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Engineering covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all these things incredible learning opportunities, and no two assignments are ever the same.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• University or post-graduate degree
• Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering)
• 3-5+ years relevant experience in the IT infrastructure engineering domain with at least 2 years related to tooling of security controls and platforms
• Experience in the financial vertical (especially large tier 1/2 banks) is desirable
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
• Full OSI stack understanding and experience in network controls:
• L3/L4 technologies – routers, switches and DDoS prevention tools and the role they play in securing network traffic
• L7 – Application layer protocols and how to secure traffic associated with L7 applications (HTTP and APIs for web applications)
• Functional knowledge of the role of Firewalls in securing and segmenting network zones and traffic.
• Intermediate understanding of application proxies such as F5, specifically in load balancing
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
Mount Laurel - 12000 Horizon Way
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.