TD Bank Business Systems Specialist - DevOps Enablement in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Auto req ID 199040BR
Job Title Business Systems Specialist - DevOps Enablement
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Location Falmouth - Gray Rd
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Technology Solutions
Job Category(s) Technology Solutions
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Business Systems Analysis covers a mandate that includes (but isn't limited to) proposing technical systems to accomplish business requirements enterprise-wide. These experts build relationships with business partners and other groups of diverse subject matter experts and stakeholders (both internal and external) to:
Plan + Elicit + Analyze + Document + Communicate +Manage system requirements;
Assess client needs and recommend the right technology; and
Offer operational and process-related analysis and support.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to plan, manage, and lead the delivery of detailed system requirements and technical and functional specifications that align to standards and frameworks. You will provide technical leadership and work in close partnership with ambitious business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
This position is a functional technology role created to support extensive communications, tracking, and reporting for the DevOps Enablement and Engineering team within TD AMCB / USTS. The role is a senior position reporting into the DevOps Delivery Manager within the USTS Environment Management & DevOps Enablement team.
The candidate is expected to be a top-tier communicator for both technology and business audiences to provide clear, consumable information supporting the transformation journey of DevOps as it starts from it's infancy and grows into a wide-ranging technology solution. This role will be central to the DevOps Enablement imperatives while integrating tightly to both the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery functions to provide roll-up data. Partnerships will be required for success in role, as data will be provided from many disparate groups.
Technical capabilities primarily relate to the ability to create, customize, distill, and present visual content in support of the DevOps Transformation. This could include web presence (Confluence / Sharepoint), digital presence (blogs, publications, MS Office content), Data and Data Reporting (mild – MS Excel, to major – Relational Databases with Reporting Engines), and other potential as the function and role are matured.
Role expectations will include acting as a primary author and team member supporting the definition, creation, and growth of the DevOps Enablement functions within the overall team mandates. The candidate will be comfortable with independent work and presenting complex technical content to a wide variety of audiences. The candidate will take pride in the accurate tracking, reporting, and presentation of value metrics associated to the DevOps Enablement journey.
• Develop effective and efficient solutions by researching/analyzing current state system capabilities and reviewing technology solutions options working closely with key technology partners
• Define, document and translate business and technology requirements into specifications and/or action plans while taking into account various complexities with an enterprise solution
• Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Manager
• Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements
• Support collaboration with key stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration
• May provide operational / process related analysis and support to various extents
• Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
• Expert knowledge of system analysis process and techniques
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate
Graduate Degree preferred.
7+ years relevant experience.
Commitment to applying expert knowledge of business technology delivery practices and standards and related expertise, including design, development, testing and project management.
Expert knowledge of system analysis process and techniques, as well as system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows and business rules.
Ability to work independently as the senior or lead system analyst and coach or guide team.
Experience and comfort level acting as a subject matter expert and consultant, as well as contributor to potential project assessments.
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
• Technology industry experience
• Outstanding written and verbal communication (ex: published content, known / sought-after expert)
• Expert skills with work tracking, reporting, and management
• Expert organizational skills as a lead / SME over content and its effective consumption
• Product Experience with more than one of the following: Git, GitHubFlow, GitFlow, BitBucket, Jenkins, XebiaLabs XLR & XLD
• Technology Process Experience with more than one of the following: Software Development, Source Code Management, Integrated Testing, Software Penetration and Scanning, Environment Provisioning/Decomissioning, Post-Deploy Scripting, and/or Operational Monitoring and Reporting
• Prior Experience as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Project Manager / Coordinator, Product Owner, or other related role supporting Software Development
• Prior Experience within a Lean Process Improvement initiative
• Prior Experience within a DevOps-enabled team environment
• Prior Experience with a transformation initiative related to software delivery
Hours M-F 8-5
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Mount Laurel
ProvState 2 Maine
City(s) 2 Falmouth