TD Bank AML Representative II- Adjudication in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Auto req ID 198726BR
Job Title AML Representative II- Adjudication
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Location Cust Center Bldg 1
Lewiston - Bates Mill #7
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Anti-Money Laundering | Compliance & Regulatory Relations
Job Category(s) Anti-Money Laundering | Compliance & Regulatory Relations
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Anti- Money Laundering Representative II performs variety of money laundering detection related activities in support of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and/or Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations designed to prevent financial-related crimes against the government. May specialize in BSA and/or AML areas.
• Performs routine tasks, follows established processes, and investigates straightforward problems within own area of knowledge.
• Work is completed under general management supervision.
• Performs a variety of BSA research activities.
• Researches discrepancies sent back from the IRS. Reviews daily cash transaction reports from the branches.
• Reviews teller journal and verifies that transactions were definitely in cash and not check.
• Reviews Customer business and personal activity to understand what occurred and who benefited from the transaction.
• Obtains name, occupation, social security number, date of birth and other information about beneficiary. Develops complete picture of what happened and who was involved, including possible "structuring" of transactions to avoid reporting thresholds.
• Verifies that armored car pickups correspond with account deposits.
• Researches accommodation banking transactions among banks in different states.
• Performs a variety of AML information gathering activities as part of AML regulations to stop illegally obtained cash from entering the legitimate financial system.
• Obtains information on a variety of transactions, including wires, ATM's, foreign, international, debit card and others.
• Gathers screen prints of bank statements, signature cards, loan documents and other information and obtains additional materials at direction of investigators.
• Sends regular transaction reports and follow up to the IRS. Maintains and updates information in transaction reporting system.
• Provides branch management, bank presidents, various risk committees and others with BSA related information, including branch error rate reports.
• Forwards suspicious transactions and supporting information to investigators for further review. Provides BSA training and information to branches and branch support area.
• Sorts and scrubs data in preparation for analysis.
• Reviews cash transactions primarily over $10K, as well as those possibly structured to avoid transaction thresholds.
• Runs information against OFAC terrorist watch list and various other Customer data to flag potential problems.
• Ensures currency transaction reports (CTR – USA or LCTR - Canada) and suspicious activity reports (SAR) or suspicious transaction reports (STR) are filed in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 0-1 Year of related experience
• Strong knowledge of and ability to explain CIP (Customer Identification Program), BSA and/or AML regulations, requirements and procedures
• General investigative and business sense to distinguish between typical transactions and suspicious activity
• Research and analytical ability to review information and draw appropriate conclusions
• Excellent Customer service skills, including ability to deal professionally with branch issues, problems and questions
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and good organizational skills
• Ability to coordinate a varied workload, meeting deadlines as required
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal phone, and writing skills
• PC skills, including ability to use various searchable databases
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine
City (Primary) Lewiston
ProvState 2 New Jersey
City(s) 2 Mount Laurel