TD Bank Vice President-Global Trade Finance/Transaction Banking, TD Securities in Houston, Texas
Vice President-Global Trade Finance/Transaction Banking, TD Securities
TD Securities offers a wide range of M&A Advisory, capital markets products and services to corporate, government, and institutional clients who choose us for our innovation, execution, and experience.
With more than 6,500 professionals operating out of 40 cities across the globe, we help clients meet their needs today and prepare for tomorrow. Our services include underwriting and distributing new issues, providing trusted advice and industry-leading insight, extending access to global markets, and delivering integrated transaction banking solutions. In 2023, we acquired Cowen Inc., offering our clients access to a premier U.S. equities business and highly-diverse equity research franchise, while growing our strong, diversified investment bank.
We are growth-oriented, people-focused, and community-minded. As a team, we work to deliver value for our clients every day. www.td.com
Auto req ID:
Global Transaction Banking is a key growth business within TDS that provides the opportunity to make an impact with top tier organizations. We offer innovative solutions and treasury advisory services on large and complex liquidity, payments, and trade finance needs. The business constantly changes with macroeconomic conditions, unprecedented levels of innovation, interest rate environments, and Foreign Exchange ("FX") movements. As a result, all GTB business lines continue to evolve to provide optimum trade finance, liquidity, and payment solutions to clients.
GTB is comprised of four business lines: Global Trade Finance ("GTF"), Corporate Cash Management ("CCM"), Financial Institutions ("FI"), and Export and Agency Finance ("EAF").
Global Trade Finance (TF):
• Clients principally include Fortune 500 and 100 companies with head offices located in North America and Europe, as well as TD Business Banking and clients of strategic foreign banks
• Develops client centric solutions to remove or reduce payment risk or facilitate working capital by employing trade finance products (Standby Letters of Credit / Guarantees, Import Letters of Credit, Export Letters of Credit, or Documentary Collections) associated with client's domestic business needs or foreign sales and purchases
• Supports strategic foreign banks and their clients' needs in North America & UK and acts as a trusted partner to mitigate risks in our markets
• Works closely with internal TD internal partners to provide "One-TD" solutions to our clients
This role is suited to a detail-oriented individual with business acumen, and a strong understanding of and demonstrated judgement related to credit structuring, execution, and risk. This candidate must be a subject matter expert in traditional Trade Finance (SBLCs/bank guarantees, export LCs, imports LCs, etc.) This candidate will have the ability to identify Trade Finance business opportunities and deliver mandates effectively. The successful candidate will be a strong advocate and trusted advisor for their clients, while balancing the requirements of GTB and the firm.
Reporting directly to the US & Canada Head of Origination Energy, GTF, the role will be responsible for providing senior TF product coverage to a portfolio of existing Energy U.S. domiciled and multinational clients with support from offices in Houston, New York, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal. Primary accountabilities of the role will include:
• Responsible for coordinating all aspects of TF relationship development for existing clients, including facility/transaction pricing, term sheet negotiation, credit approval, and execution. Work closely with the Corporate and Investment Banking teams to manage the overall client relationships. (50%)
• Maximize the profitability of the TF business, while maintaining and enhancing the Bank's profile and market-share, understanding the portfolio P&L (25%)
• Understand and comply with all internal and external policies and procedures. Act as first line of defense and understand the Bank's risk appetite while balancing business goals and objectives (25%)
• Working with other GTB and TDS partners to ensure comprehensive client coverage
• Develop and maintain contacts with other market participants
• Ability to understand market data, economic information and key industry developments and utilize them to provide advice to our clients as subject matter experts
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
• Strong capacity for teamwork both with U.S. based and non-U.S. based colleagues with high level of responsibility, ownership & sponsorship to the client, transaction, and results
• Excellent interpersonal skills including an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
• Minimum 10 years of trade finance and/or relevant corporate banking experience within a major financial institution, including at least 5 years as a senior contributor
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry
• Previous exposure to credit origination and facility structuring
• Direct experience arranging/coordinating custom financial solutions with large corporate clients
• Excellent presentation, negotiation, and communication skills, both written and verbal as well as the ability to deliver compelling presentations
• Ability to drive resolution of client issues
• A strong business understanding
• Undergraduate degree ideally complimented with an MBA &/or CFA
• Ability to travel in North America
909 Fannin Street
Job Category - Primary:
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Securities / Wholesale Banking
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.