TD Bank Investment Banking Associate – Energy & Power in Houston, Texas
Auto req ID 199560BR
Job Title Investment Banking Associate – Energy & Power
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Location TDS Houston
Business line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
TD Securities’ Energy & Power Investment Banking group is searching for an Associate to join its growing team in Houston. We meet our clients’ needs every day by providing them with sophisticated knowledge of capital markets and precise execution capabilities.
At TD Securities, we believe that diversity is critical to our success in the competitive global marketplaces and we embrace people with a wide range of unique experiences and abilities.
• Work within a deal team under the overall direction of a senior banker;
• Develop a general understanding of TD’s product offerings;
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the energy industry as well as the overall financial markets;
• Research and analyze clients' financial situations, industry and market data, and mergers and acquisition opportunities;
• Conduct the valuation of assets and companies (both private and public);
• Perform complex financial and M&A modeling;
• Prepare external client proposals and internal memos;
• Prepare client presentations and marketing materials;
• Assist with the training and mentorship of more junior team members;
• Maintain confidentiality of client information;
• Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank.
• Applicants should have completed an undergraduate degree;
• Prior experience within investment banking (or equivalent) is preferred;
• Well-organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines;
• Establish priorities and work independently with minimal supervision;
• Superior financial and analytical skills;
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities;
• Proactive and highly motivated. Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Qualifications • Undergraduate degree
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Texas
City (Primary) Houston