TD Bank Senior Credit Officer in Greenville, South Carolina
Senior Credit Officer
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Auto req ID:
The Senior Credit Officer, supporting Community Banks in North and South Carolina, investigates and assesses new Customers, leads reviews of existing portfolio credits on a periodic basis, analyzes portfolio and industry trends within assigned areas of responsibility, . Monitors deteriorating and problem accounts managed by lenders, interacts and communicates with workout, credit management and finance about portfolio and specific credit issues.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• Minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in the Credit field, as a Credit Officer, Credit Manager, Loan Officer, Team Leader or other relevant experience including experience managing problem credits
• Proven understanding and demonstrated knowledge of credit policies and procedures
• Experience in structuring and documenting credits as well as taking accountability for quality loan portfolios
• Experience supervising/mentoring staff preferred
• Sound leadership, organizational and time-management skills
• Strong analytical, verbal, writing and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Depth & Scope:
• Exercises joint approval authority as delegated and in accordance with Credit Policy.
• Oversees Commercial Credit activities and provides underwriting guidance on the more complex, larger accounts according to established Company procedures.
• Provides leadership and guidance to Credit Officers, Credit Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Lenders and RVPs.
• Participates on several decision-making committees for commercial credit and portfolio management.
• Participates in deal discussions both formally and informally to ensure early and ongoing dialogue to resolve issues and to keep the process moving efficiently, providing timely support to Lenders. Meetings with customers are a component of this requirement.
• Reviews and assists the line with the development of term sheets or deal memos.
• Confirms the final risk ratings including Borrower Risk Rating (BRR), Facility risk Rating (FRR), and Industry Risk Rating (IRR).
• Handles post approval sign off on risk ratings within assigned portfolio, above an agreed threshold, for credits approved by lenders.
• Serves as a member of the local market management team.
• Performs a leadership role in Approving credits within assigned credit authority in a dual signature process and recommends credits exceeding authority as appropriate.
• Supports Lenders in their interactions with regulators and Loan Review.
• Interacts with outside counsel and subject matter experts.
• Recommends approval of changes in underwriting and policies, including industry reviews.
• Supervises and leads criticized asset and portfolio review meetings.
• Exercises independent judgment by displaying and reaching conclusions on the most complex credit decisions as well as assumes accountability for quality approval decisions as well as the overall quality of the groups loan portfolio.
• Reviews and endorses recommendations from Market Presidents for limits and adjustments to line officer authorities as appropriate.
• May supervise Credit Officer I and II and mentor credit analysts, portfolio managers, lenders and others with less experience.
• Interacts with Asset Recovery Group as appropriate.
• Acts in an advisory and referral role to Lenders and Analysts in matters of compliance, regulation and policy
• Uses experts as needed.
• Resolves escalated issues and problems by conferring with senior management, staff, other internal departments, outside contacts and others as necessary.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
North Carolina, South Carolina
Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia, Greenville
104 South Main Street (Greenville)
Job Category - Primary:
Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia
Credit Management Executives
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.