TD Bank Payments Risk, Operational Risk Manager in Greenville, South Carolina
Auto req ID 203230BR
Job Title Payments Risk, Operational Risk Manager
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Cust Center Bldg 1
Falmouth - Gray Rd
Greenville Campus B
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Risk Management
Job Category(s) Risk Management
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Payment Risk, Operational Risk Manager I is responsible for providing a broad range of risk analysis, reporting and/or support to business partners and acting as a specialist/expert in providing guidance/advice on a range of risk related matters within assigned or own area of specialization. This includes responsibility as program manager for one or more enterprise risk management initiatives. Programs may include but are not limited to Payment Risk, Business Continuity Program, Business Resumption and Disaster Recovery Planning, Vendor Management,Risk Management Program (Sarbanes-Oxley, Risk Assessments), Information Security, and Key Risk Performance Indicators Risk Management Metrics Reporting, , Reconciliation Control, Affiliate Transaction Governance and support for the implementation of special projects.Provides vision and leadership in directing and implementing the Company's strategic Payment risk management program. Manages and develops a proficient team of professionals through education and coaching to ensure Payment risk management strategy and practices are driven to all levels in the Company. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key internal and external partners. Enhances internal controls, expense management and quality assurance through the identification and recommendation of technological and process improvement opportunities to reduce Operational Risk throughout the organization.
• Operates as an individual contributor to Payment Risk that exists in multiple geographic locations and/or multiple jurisdictions
• Seasoned specialist role requiring in-depth knowledge of payment risk. Experience with fraud, operations, or risk management in the payment space preferred.
• Participate on project working groups and/or internal and external committees as an expert within a major risk category
• Work with regulators and support units to deal with business issues for own area of specialization
• Compile Payment Risk profile reports on overall Payment trends, risks, losses, and issues on aggregated basis and
recommends management action to minimize risk exposures
• Develop and maintains comprehensive knowledge of Company and Payment business unit objectives and strategic project goals in order to deliver the most effective solutions to Customers, aligned with TD Bank's Operational Risk appetite.
• Lead the development and/or implementation of specific Payment standards, policies, and/or processes that identify, report on and mitigate major operational risk exposures within the business, including responses to regulatory requirements
• Analyze potential Payment risks and ensure escalation of key risks to appropriate areas and/or business leaders
• Establish and provide on-going analysis and reporting on Payment risk and/or other major risk categories as applicable to the business or functional area, and review findings and action plans with business leaders to mitigate and manage key issues
• Coordinate and/or guide activities relating to core Payment and operational risk disciplines/programs including, but not limited to, Payment end-to-end risk assessment program, Business Continuity Management (BCM), Outsourcing & Vendor Management. Regulatory Compliance, Affiliate Transaction Governance (e.g. CDIC, AML, Privacy, IDA, CBA, SOX, Basel, etc.)
• Support established enterprise-wide risk escalation, review and approval processes, data management, policies and risk assessment processes
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 7-10 years related experience required
• Previous management experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge of operational risk management issues for a significant, complex and/or large scale business
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize and react to discrepancies
• Ability to track and coordinate large and complex processes
• Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills
• Project planning and management skills
• In depth knowledge of financial services processes and workflows
• Strong relationship building skills and the ability to develop and maintain business contacts at all levels of management throughout the organization
• Strong communications skills both written and verbal
• Ability to influence the decisions and actions of others without express authority
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to synthesize summary reports from large sources of data
• Travel may be required
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine
City (Primary) Falmouth
ProvState 2 New Jersey
City(s) 2 Mount Laurel
ProvState 3 South Carolina
City(s) 3 Greenville