TD Bank Collections Product Strategy Mgr in Greenville, South Carolina
Auto req ID 212392BR
Job Title Collections Product Strategy Mgr
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
1 Portland Square
Deficiency Recovery Center
Greenville Campus B
Wilmington - Market Street
Business line Other
Job Category - Primary Product Management & Development
Job Category(s) Product Management & Development
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Collections Product Strategy Manager is accountable for the delinquency, loss performance and corresponding costs associated with designated products. The Collections Product Strategy Manager is actively involved with various aspects from product conception through end of life. The manager also participates in product development meetings and capacity planning and monitors and analyzes industry trends and annual loss planning. Develops forecasting models to forecast delinquencies, losses and costs and implements strategies that maximize the utilization of resources and mitigate losses for the portfolio; analyzing current business processes and procedures to identify opportunities for increasing operational efficiency. Serves as the product subject matter expert. Further responsibilities include the proactive management of pertinent relationships inclusive of the line of business, Credit Risk, etc.
• Develops and monitors implementation of and reports on collection strategy results via key performance indicators.
• Utilizes champion/challenger testing methodology to continually improve delinquency and loss performance.
• Ensures clear understanding of risk appetite and problem loan management policy and confirms that collection & recovery processes are designed to deliver upon those requirements.
• Works with various teams on strategic planning and implementation, including working to develop organizational long-term and short-term goals, developing objectives and monitoring outcomes related to delinquency, losses and default management costs.
• Fosters strong relationships between the Collections & Recovery Department, Credit Risk, line of business counterparts, and customers by identifying and incorporating their needs into processes and by facilitating a continuous performance-based feedback loop.
• Acts as subject matter expert; understands and is able to effectively communicate the end-to-end collection and recovery processes.
• Partners with operational leaders to define, design, and support process improvement initiatives across multifunctional areas ensuring alignment with the overall organizational strategy
• Identifies points of process risk or potential failure and makes recommendations for improved controls.
• Gathers, prioritizes and explains requirements to ensure alignment of internal and external customer expectations and workflow to deliver a Wow! Experience.
• Assists in tracking and reporting product performance throughout its lifecycle.
• Contributes to analysis that drives product profitability such as pricing, over-limit and overdraft criteria, line closure rules, etc.
• Develops and maintains reports, dashboards and presentations for the detailed analysis/communication of delinquency, losses and Collection & Recovery production results.
• Conduct s simple to complex analysis to assess the impact of internal and external changes (process, macroeconomic etc.) on the portfolio.
• Works closely with the internal modeling and scorecard building team to implement scores and other attributes that have been validated by them.
• Contributes to the development of forecasting models for short-term and long-term delinquency and losses.
• Drives better decisioning and automation by building new tools and improving the integrity, efficiency and usage of existing tools in a prioritized manner.
• Enhances and optimizes product-based MIS, rationalizes current reporting and sunset, improves or replaces as necessary.
• Leads/contributes to the successful completion of strategic projects by creating key milestones, tasks, assigning drivers responsible for implementation, and by measuring results against established goals.
• Ensures timely execution of all required operational compliance or audit activities associated with designated processes. Develops and executes remediation plans to close any identified findings.
• Participates in bank conversions as they pertain to areas of responsibility. This may include, but is not limited to, assisting in the development of the project plan, ensuring tasks are completed within established guidelines and assisting in the migration of all functions
• Ensures effective compliance with all job-relevant State and Federal regulations, including, but not limited to Employee policies, procedures, CRA EEO/ AA, as well as all job relevant Risk Management and Corporate standards
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
• Skilled in research, analysis, problem solving, metrics and reporting
• Ability to identify process gaps and weaknesses
• Strong interpersonal and influence skills
• Ability to prepare and present findings and recommendations in a methodical manner
• Skilled in time management and driving tasks to completion
• Effective working knowledge of Microsoft POWERPOINT, EXCEL and ACCESS
• Prefers Intermediate/Advanced level of SAS, SQL or Oracle programming experience;
• Intermediate/Advanced level of experience with business intelligence software such as Business Objects, Micro Strategy, etc.;
• Deep knowledge of loss and delinquency forecasting methods and model development;
• Experience with risk segmentation tools such as Triad, Probe etc.;
• 2-5 years' experience with data analysis;
• Large call center operations background, including experience with sophisticated call center technology;
• Quality program training such as Six Sigma, TQM, ISO 9000, etc.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) South Carolina
City (Primary) Greenville
ProvState 2 Florida
City(s) 2 Jacksonville
ProvState 3 Delaware
City(s) 3 Wilmington
ProvState 4 Maine
City(s) 4 Portland