TD Bank TD Auto Finance Credit Specialist I - Maintenance in Farmington Hills, Michigan
TD Auto Finance Credit Specialist I - Maintenance
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Auto req ID:
• Performs portfolio monitoring & control in partnership with Credit Analyst: overlines, inventory examination reviews, monthly financial statement reviews, risk rating accuracy, Monthly Business Review, Quarterly Portfolio Review, dashboards, etc.
• Communicates with all levels of Management (CRM, Sales and CM) regarding deals, opportunities, changes to borrower's ownership or financial condition.
• Performs in-depth credit analysis in partnership Relationship Manager and Credit Analyst on existing customers to determine alignment with TD Bank products/structure TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines.
• Partners with the Credit Analyst and Relationship Manager on potential structure proposals that are in alignment with TD Bank products/structure, TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines.
• Attends site visits and prospect/customer calls as needed or as requested.
• With support from the Credit Analyst, prepares credit applications for existing borrowers; Applications include extensions, modifications, renewals and interim reviews.
• Ensures applications provide a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure, due diligence, and credit presentation and adhere to AIRB methodology and address TD Banks profitability objectives
• Manages the timely approval, documentation preparation and negotiation, and closing of existing transactions.
• Is knowledgeable of and operates within the applicable regulatory and compliance guidelines/policies & procedures (including but not limited to: AML, Privacy, Firewalls, Systems & Information Security, FCAC, etc.) and ensures that all staff complete required compliance attestations/training within required timelines.
• Ensures the managed portfolio is comprehensively monitored and controlled, adhering to and administered within approved guidelines and in line with established operating policies and procedures. Interprets and applies TD’s risk management strategy (both credit and operational).
• Understands changing market conditions and remain knowledgeable of relevant industry issues.
• Responsible for managing aspects of the customer relationship including, but not limited to, reviewing reports and delinquencies, completion of covenant compliance forms and determining strategy if failures occur to resolve, completing monthly monitoring; overseeing Credit Analysts that will provide support in these responsibilities.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
The Automotive Credit Specialist I specializes in automotive commercial lending and is responsible for managing the maintenance of existing loans and ensuring quality and compliance within an assigned portfolio, managing current monthly maintenance while applying credit risk policy and adhering to TDBG risk appetite. The Credit Specialist I in partnership with Credit Analyst, is responsible for underwriting Interim Reviews, Modifications, Ad-Hoc and Service Requests. The Credit Specialist I is responsible for administration functions related to these tasks (lockdowns – boarding's). The Credit Specialist I works to achieve credit management objectives within the team. The job works closely with the Relationship Manager and Credit Officer to ensure consistency with the TD Bank Group’s Risk Appetite Principles, including establishing the Borrower Risk Ratings and Facility Risk Ratings for existing credit relationships and ensuring all systems requirements are met.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
• 4 year Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree in financial discipline preferred, other advanced degree considered
• Minimum 7 years' experience in related field
• Strong credit underwriting and administration skills
• Ability to identify and mitigate risk
• Ability to provide value-add structuring alternatives for complex credits
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated understanding of business acumen
• Solid interpersonal skills
• Customer focused
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to problem solve in less complex situations
• Technologically proficient
• Banking / Financial Services experience
• Automotive Commercial Lending Experience - Detailed Automotive Finance knowledge
• Commercial Real Estate experience
• Ability to collaborate effectively with both internal & external partners
27777 Inkster Road
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
Operations & Underwriting
Management / Consulting / Advisory, Operations & Underwriting
Mon - Fri
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.