TD Bank Vendor Manager III - – US Technology Vendor Management Office (US) in Falmouth, Maine
Vendor Manager III - – US Technology Vendor Management Office (US)
At TD, we're guided by our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and behaviors. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career, and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment, so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investments we make in our colleagues to help them and their families achieve their financial, physical and mental well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes base salary and variable compensation/incentive awards (e.g., eligibility for cash and/or equity incentive awards, generally through participation in an incentive plan) and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits, savings and retirement programs, paid time off (including Vacation PTO, Flex PTO, and Holiday PTO), banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community to experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches/stores. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
Auto req ID:
The US Technology VMO is responsible for supporting US Technology owners throughout the end-to-end Third Party Risk Management Lifecycle, including supporting strategic review of vendor products/services and driving value through negotiation and ongoing management of relationships, managing activities such as timely completion of all Third Party Risk Management Risk Assessments, managing and driving timely renewal of contracts, monitoring performance to contract requirements and expectations, ensuring governance routines and ongoing monitoring activities are implemented commensurate with the risk of the engagement, ensuring audit and regulatory compliance and keeping abreast of industry trends and developments to ensure that our vendor relationships deliver optimal results and provide excellent support to the US Technology organization in all aspects of the relationship.
• Manage multiple vendor relationships for US Technology supporting the business' strategic goals and objectives across ITSS' North American footprint for both Day 1 onboarding and Day 2 governance
• Facilitate phases of the Third Party Risk Management Lifecycle, and ensure compliance with TPRM Policy, Standard and Framework
• Accountable and responsible for timely completion of Third Party Inherent Risk Assessments for new/changing third party relationships and other required assessments and deliverables, including review/approval from key stakeholders
• Accountable and responsible for monitoring vendor performance and risk, via reporting/dashboards/governance routines
• Accountable and responsible for risk and issue management, escalating and tracking vendor issues per TPRM Issue management requirements, partnering with the business to drive remediation plans on non-performing metrics or issues
• Manage timely renewal of all contracts; Participate in/facilitate contract renewal and negotiation process, working with internal partners (Legal, Sourcing, Contract Management) as well as business partners to ensure contracts and agreements maximize our values, meet business objectives, regulatory requirements, mitigate risks and meet the TD policies and standards
• Ensure strong understanding of contractual terms and conditions, and their commercial implications to the business in order to effectively manage vendor agreement(s) and relationship(s) and ensure adherence to contractual requirements
• Accountable for the quality of advice and support provided to the business and achievement of the lines of business overall objectives in relation to the vendor
• Lead the assessment/development and/or assessment of SLA’s, standards, policies, procedures and compliance monitoring plans that maximize customer satisfaction, decrease risk and/or mitigate to the maximum of availability, efficiency and effectiveness
• Collect/Review/Assess audit documentations (i.e. SSAE16, SOC I/II, SIG) and determine next steps for remediation of gaps
• Ensure organized storage of evidence of all activities for audit readiness
• Ensure timely response to and satisfactory results for Internal and External audit requests
• Ensure LOB partners with their invoice processing as needed and where appropriate
• Monitor vendor spend (costs), proactively identifying opportunities to improve cost effectiveness and trends against budget forecasts
• Ensure strong understanding of the Bank's vendor management tools including SAP Ariba and Coupa Risk
• Lead the development and implementation of proactive strategies and tactics in managing issues and relationships
• Develops proposals/recommendations related to vendor services and practices in connection with the vendor(s)
• Works closely and effectively with assigned business partners to ensure their requirements
7+ years of related experience
Advanced knowledge of Vendor Management, Business Arrangements, Third-Party Management Lifecycle framework/principles, policies and procedures, systems, products/services, product research, assessment & reporting, competitive intelligence, negotiation tactics and/or regulatory requirements
Knowledge of current and emerging competitor and market trends
Knowledge of Risk Management environment, standards and regulations
Knowledge of budgetary management principles/practices/procedures
Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop/evaluate options and implement solutions and/or governance procedures
Skill in supporting the development and implementation of change strategies and/or processes
Ability to negotiate, influence, collaborate and effectively communicate to build relationships
Ability to contribute to strategic direction of the function and provide advice to senior leadership
Ability to monitor, analyze, report and assess adherence, performance and risk of information, contractual terms and/or delivery of services
Skill in researching, collecting, organizing and analyzing complex or technical data and developing plans to address identified issues/problems
Ability to lead, plan, implement and evaluate program/project activities to ensure completion of initiatives
Ability to exercise sound judgement in making decisions
Ability to research, collect, organize and analyze information and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
Skill in using computer applications including MS Office
Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently
Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Expert level professional role requiring substantial knowledge / expertise in a complex field and knowledge of broader related areas
Integrates knowledge of the enterprise sub-function’s or business line’s overarching strategy in developing solutions across multiple functions or operations
Interprets internal/external business challenges and the industry environment, recommends course of action and best practices to improve products, processes or services
Acts as a lead integrating cross-function understanding within their own field of specialty; with significant resource requirements, risk and / or complexity
Independently manages business arrangements
Solves or may lead others to solve complex problems; leads efforts or partners with others to develop new solutions
Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify solutions
Impacts the achievement of sub-function or business line objectives within the area they are accountable for
Supports advanced methods to contribute to new solutions and recommend standards against which others will operate
Communicates difficult concepts; converts information to compelling business context and advice; influences and gains alignment across increasingly senior stakeholders
Works autonomously as the lead and guides others within area of expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need accommodations to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com. Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving across four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Maine, New Jersey
Falmouth, Mount Laurel
• Highly professional with established relationship building skills; previous Vendor Management experience and/or working with third parties an asset
• Ability to manage multiple Vendor relationships simultaneously for same or different business partners in North America
• Good working knowledge of sourcing process and methodology
• Experience working with governance and control partners including: TPRM, Cloud Governance, SSG, Risk Management, an asset
• Comfortable learning, understanding, and explaining technology, apps, digital solutions
• Excellent communication, presentation, analytical and negotiation skills
• Excellent documentation skills; understands the importance of organized evidence storage to ensure audit readiness
• Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels; comfortable networking
• Strong project management, organization and time management skills
• Comfortable working independently under pressure and within tight timelines
• Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities effectively
• Drive and determined attitude to flawless execution
• General knowledge of the TD organizational structure including main business groups and their functions
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
70 Gray Road West Falmouth Crossing
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
$83,720 - $136,240 annually
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.