TD Bank Sr Design Researcher in Falmouth, Maine
Sr Design Researcher
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing over 9.8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,100 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Auto Finance, a division of TD Bank, N.A., offers vehicle financing and dealer commercial services. TD Bank and its subsidiaries also offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.td.com/us . Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBankUS and www.twitter.com/TDNewsUS .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; paid time off and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
Auto req ID:
The Senior Design Researcher mandates builds on the Design Researcher role and requires a greater level of practical experience, deeper knowledge of data collection and analysis methods, and increased responsibilities for providing research guidance and oversight to TD stakeholders and vendors. Additionally, the Senior Design Researcher acts independently, with only limited supervision from the Managers, Design Research. Finally, the Senior Design Researcher's tasks go beyond standard project work into executing the research and analysis for strategic research initiatives including the Digital Channels Personas and the development of new user experiences.
This position enables driving measureable improvements in user experience for customers and users of TD websites and mobile apps, and advancing a customer-focused culture throughout the Digital Channel. This role conducts design research in an objective, scientific manner, provides research oversight and management (including vendor oversight when research is conducted by external partners), and ensures the customer experience is at the forefront of all of TD’s Digital and mobile, short- and long-term strategic plans. The Senior Design Researcher ensures existing research insights are leveraged against current initiatives and communicated on an ongoing basis to ensure design decisions are always informed by user observation and analysis; anticipates the future needs of TD and the Digital Channel and proactively executes research studies to drive experience strategy and identifies key opportunities for maximum impact in revenue, cost savings, and user experience; superior people and communication skills are essential to success in this highly collaborative environment, works with team members from across TD.
• Undergraduate degree is required (graduate degree preferred) in psychology, anthropology, human factors, human-computer interaction, computer science, industrial engineering, or a related field
• Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience
• Expert-level knowledge of and experience with Human Computer Interaction research methods
• Strong background in inferential statistics and use of statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS)
• Strong online/web/digital/mobile experience and knowledge of the latest user behavioral trends in these areas
• Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to drive business results through a deep understanding of online and mobile user behavior as well as Channel and Line of Business KPIs to advocate the value of design research to cross-platform stakeholders
• Skillful communication:
• Negotiation and partnership skills to balance stakeholder input with researcher objectivity to attain the optimal user experience; ability resilience under pressure when working with multiple stakeholders
• Written, verbal, and graphical presentation of research findings
• With research participants: in-person, over the phone, via email, and within online communities
• Confidence when presenting research strategy and findings to senior executives in the Digital Channels and Lines of Business
• Have proven project management skills, with an ability to provide oversight and coordination of multiple projects/changing priorities concurrently under tight timelines and with multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrated relationship building skills, with the ability to effectively work in teams across the bank with multiple stakeholders to obtain cooperation in achieving objectives
• Enjoys working on complex issues and generating creative and business-oriented solutions, and working in a professional environment as part of an integrated, interdisciplinary, cross-border team
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• Delivers legendary customer experiences
• Ensures Digital Channels projects do not launch with barriers to a legendary customer experience; this requires designing the approach for design research and analysis, and interpreting the results
• Advocates for the best-possible customer experience by educating stakeholders from across TD as to the optimal design approach based on customer research and analysis
• Escalates to the VP Digital Customer Experience as required
• Conducts human-computer interaction (HCI) research methods for TD digital touchpoints (including smartphone, tablet, and desktop/laptop)
• Responsible for end-to-end research vendor oversight (from working with Vendor Relations Management and Strategic Sourcing for vendor selection to supervision of research conduct, and final deliverables)
• Communicates findings (from usability test reports to journey maps and design personas), during project meetings and monthly Design Research Learning and Insights meetings
• Actively participates during design ideation sessions by providing the voice of the customer
• Ensures the best possible user experience launches based on research findings
• Escalates to executives when an initiative is to be launched with a sub-optimal user experience.
• Additional details on day-to-day tasks include:
• Establishes success criteria to determine go/no-go design decisions (i.e., when a design is ready for launch to TD customers or whether it must be redesigned)
• Conducts primary research (including card sorting, user interviews, field research, diary studies, usability testing, and online surveys) with users of online and mobile applications
• Prepares for research activities (e.g., create recruitment screeners; disseminate screeners, contact potential participants, schedule participants, set-up recording, and remote observation hardware/software, etc.)
• Formulates and executes the analysis, interpretation, and presentation of qualitative and quantitative data, telling the story of the findings in ways that speak to the variety of stakeholders from Digital Channels (Product, Planning, DCX) and the lines of business
• Leads and manages research vendors, in collaboration with TD Marketing Research
• Provides thought leadership with respect to selecting design research methods to address the research questions posed by Digital Channels and Line of Business executives
• Provides oversight to ensure work and deliverables (e.g., research protocols, methods execution, analysis, and reporting) adhere to DCX Design Research standards for valid and reliable research
• Coach's vendors on their reports and presentations to ensure they are telling the story when presenting findings to provide a compelling case to Digital Channels and Line of Business stakeholders to support design decisions that are in the best interest of customers
• Proactive delivery of research insights
• Develops and maintains a knowledge repository to ensure past research insights are leveraged against current projects; this will involve classifying and proactively communicating those insights to team members on an ongoing basis
• Ensures efficient delivery of research insights by creating and enhancing templates for literature reviews, UX analyses, test protocols, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and reporting
• Supports special, strategic research agendas that will drive future Digital Channels project prioritization and Roadmaps
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
70 Gray Road West Falmouth Crossing
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
Digital & Payments
Digital & Payments
User Experience Design
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.