TD Bank Engineer II - DevOps Build in Falmouth, Maine
Auto req ID 199035BR
Job Title Engineer II - DevOps Build
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Location Falmouth - Gray Rd
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Technology Solutions
Job Category(s) Technology Solutions
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Engineering covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
There's room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone armed with a strong tool-kit to develop and maintain technical solutions that adhere to engineering and architectural design principles while meeting business requirements. You’ll also provide technical expertise with a focus on efficiency, reliability, scalability, and security includes planning, evaluating, recommending, designing, operationalizing, and supporting solutions in compliance with enterprise and industry standards. At TD, we hope you'll be inspired both by the work we do and the people who make it all happen.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
This is a functional technology role created to drive the DevOps Continuous Integration (CI) Build capabilities for TD AMCB / USTS. The role is a functional lead position reporting into the DevOps Delivery Manager within the USTS Environment Management & DevOps Enablement team.
Technical capabilities will require subject matter expertise of source code repositories, code branch/merge strategies, build/package creation, testing patterns associated to packaged code, and other capabilities as maturity of function and role is achieved. Software / Product expertise will iterate with the pipeline advancement but will start with Git / GitHubFlow / GitFlow, BitBucket, Jenkins, XebiaLabs XLR & XLD, SonarQube, and other similar build/package features.
Role expectations will include acting as both a practitioner (designing, refining, deploying pipeline advancements) as well as acting as a coach / trainer (indoctrinating various technology teams, onboarding teams, triaging CI-specific issues). Role will partner extensively with counterpart role within the DevOps CD pipeline.
• Provide senior technical leadership in support of the Bank’s objectives related to the overall Engineering function
• Research advanced technologies for relevant specialized area of Engineering, develop and document high level and low level design of respective systems
• Act as thought leader, innovator and agent of change for the programs and services under executive management impacting and influencing organizational direction to meet longer term strategic objectives
• Work in close partnership with technology teams to support TD's business objectives and operational support goals and provide domain expertise on strategic Infrastructure as well as Business project related activities (including both Change the Bank and Run the Bank programs)
• Anticipate client needs to identify appropriate solutions and to influence the development of innovative solutions
• Proactively identify emerging technologies and innovative solutions for building more robust platform domains
• Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
• Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with emerging industry trends, new technologies and best practices in the external market that can contribute to delivering effective client solutions
• Contribute to the ongoing development of the team and business partners by sharing information, knowledge and lessons learned on a regular basis
• Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving business objectives and providing client services
• May coach, lead and/or develop others as a mentor or technical leader
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
University or Post-Graduate Degree.
Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering).
7+ years relevant experience.
Expert knowledge of specific domain or range of engineering frameworks, technology, tools, processes and procedures, as well as organizational issues .
Expert knowledge of business/organization, its standards, applications, systems, networks, innovation, design activities, best practices.
Expert knowledge and experience in own discipline; integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
Appetite for contributing within a complex and critical environment.
Leadership prowess when it comes to teams or projects; shares expertise.
Well-honed, in-depth skills and broad knowledge to address complex problems and non-standard situations.
Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
• Prior Team Lead responsibilities and technology industry experience
• Product Expertise with more than one of the following: Git, GitHubFlow, GitFlow, BitBucket, Jenkins, XebiaLabs XLR & XLD
• Technology Process Expertise with more than one of the following: Software Development, Source Code Management, Integrated Testing, Software Penetration and Scanning, Environment Provisioning/Decomissioning, Post-Deploy Scripting, and/or Operational Monitoring and Reporting
• Prior Experience as a Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Development Management, or Operations Manager related to Software Development
• Prior Experience within a DevOps-enabled team environment
• Prior Experience with a transformation initiative related to software delivery
Hours M-F 8-5
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Mount Laurel
ProvState 2 Maine
City(s) 2 Falmouth