TD Bank Cash Management Sales Officer II in Columbia, South Carolina
Auto req ID 194357BR
Job Title Cash Management Sales Officer II
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State North Carolina
Location Columbia (SC)
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Sales & Business Development
Job Category(s) Sales & Business Development
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Cash Management Sales Officer II is responsible for the development of new cash management business, the servicing of customers, the expansion of existing business relationships, including implementation, service organization, and closing support. This job typically handles both routine and the most complex accounts. The Cash Management Sales Officer II also influences significant relationships in the marketplace. This position is a blend of inside and outside sales. This position has an understanding of incoming revenues and receivables.
• Contacts prospective customers in order to develop new cash management business from both prospective and existing bank customers, providing effective servicing of customer accounts and expansion of business relationships.
• Meets/exceeds annual business development goals.
• Prepares sales presentations, explains services offered, and recommends those services which would be of value to the customer.
• Ensures that other company officers are aware of the company's cash management sales activities and that they promote the company's cash management sales program.
• Works in conjunction with Loan Officers to promote the company's cash management program.
• Assists in the design and proper installation of cash management services.
• Input of new sales opportunities and continued maintenance of client portfolio in sales tracking database.
• Assists with resolution of Operational or Service issues as necessary.
• Partners with Service, Product, Implementation, Proposal, Operational, and Technical Support departments to ensure customers receive WOW! Service and support.
• Portfolio typically consists of customers who utilize multiple cash management products, and moderately complex credit needs.
• Trains employees
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years related experience required
• Demonstrated sales skills (e.g. closing, client retention).
• Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner to provide exceptional customer service.
• Demonstrated Interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully negotiate and persuade.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated PC skills; proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to serve as resource to CM Sales Officer I.
Hours 9-5 / Some Flexibility
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) South Carolina
City (Primary) Columbia