TD Bank Small Business Credit Officer II in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Auto req ID 195225BR
Job Title Small Business Credit Officer II
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New Jersey
City1 Cherry Hill
Location 2059 Springdale Road
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Commercial Banking
Job Category(s) Commercial Banking
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Small Business Credit Officer II analyzes, underwrites and acts as the final decision authority on small business loan applications while following sound lending practices, policies and procedures. The Small Business Credit Officer II ensures compliance with established underwriting guidelines, quality and production guidelines, as well as Federal Banking Regulations and Government Reporting requirements including but not limited to Fair Lending, Know Your Customer, Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable Anti-Money-Laundering policies.
• Loans decision authority up to position authority limits as defined in credit policy. May possess exception and high risk authority.
• Acts as a mentor and participates in the on-going development of the Underwriting Staff.
• Conducts credit investigations and analyzes financial information pertaining to Small Business relationships with Commercial Credit exposure up to Small Business’ highest authority limits.
• Underwrites Small Business Loans and performs historical business financial analysis and cash flows, including communicating with the borrower's accountant (as needed) to gain a better understanding of the company's accounting practices.
• Performs In‐depth analysis of a guarantor's financial position through a thorough investigation of personal financial statements, understanding any contingent liabilities, constructing a global cash flow analysis, thorough investigation of personal tax returns and credit reporting documentation/ Fair Isaac output data.
• May investigate available sources of credit and financial information. Researches economic and market conditions relating to the company, industry and market area.
• Notes any deviations from the small business loan policy, procedures and guidelines and identification / mitigation of key credit risks, and decision of appropriate structures in order to reduce credit risk.
• Identifies small business credit applications that require Small Business Administration/Agency credit enhancements and decision respective applications accordingly.
• Renders final credit decision within individual lending authority limits, based upon the strengths and risks, collateral analysis, historical financials, business and personal cash flow & balance sheet analysis, ratio & trend analysis, review of credit bureau and business bureau reports / Fair Isaacs Scoring Data, management profiles, business/product cycles, industry information, projected operating performance, application data and the ability to repay the proposed debt.
• Considers and discusses alternative structures and overall assessments with market, sales personnel and Customers.
• Proven leadership skills including coaching, counseling and mentoring of underwriting staff.
• Sets conditions of lending and involved with post approval review with the post approval team to ensure conditions of lending are met or appropriately mitigated prior to loan closing.
• Meets turnaround requirements of a high volume loan production environment, while maintaining strong quality of work produced.
• Maintains a satisfactory level of portfolio delinquencies and charge-offs.
• Ensures departmental compliance with TD Bank Credit Policy, Federal Banking Regulation and Government Reporting requirements.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 4-7 years related experience required
• Prior lending authority preferred.
• Strong understanding of credit underwriting and industry practices; previous business and personal financial statement and cash flow analysis required.
• Proven analytical skills, ability to analyze small business relationships.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to blend technical knowledge and good business judgment when making loan decisions.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, multi-tasking, analytical, time management and decision-making skills..
• Strong interpersonal skills and a team orientation; ability to work with various levels of sales and market personnel.
• Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office).
• Small Business Administration/Agency experience preferred.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Cherry Hill