TD Bank Financial Information Manager - Treasury Portfolio in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Auto req ID 193646BR
Job Title Financial Information Manager - Treasury Portfolio
Job Status Full Time
Country UNITED STATES
Province/State New Jersey
City1 Cherry Hill
Business line Corporate
Job Category - Primary Finance | Accounting
Job Category(s) Asset Management
Finance | Accounting
Management | Consulting | Advisory
Sales & Business Development
Securities | Wholesale Banking
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Financial Information Manager manages finance management information and accounting application activities. Provides automated solution support to design, build and deliver information systems and financial reports to enable informed decision making.
• Considers the impact of his or her advice and decisions on the well-being of the Bank, as well as its Customers and stakeholders.
• Leads, coaches and models quality service delivery at every interaction.
• Leads and contributes to the ongoing improvement of the partner experience within assigned groups.
• Manages staff; provides direction, sets goals and ensures that various areas manage toward overall department objectives.
• Resolves escalated issues and problems by conferring with staff, other internal departments and others.
• Leads the development and implementation of department strategy, policies, goals and objectives, with input from department executive management.
• Communicates regularly with management, accounting, financial analysis and others in finance area, business lines, outside personnel and others to exchange information, research questions and resolve issues.
• Serves on variety of committees involved in finance-related issues.
• Leads and applies the performance management process, supporting Employees in their personal and professional development.
• Manages finance automation and information activities, providing accounting and management reporting-related support to design, build and deliver information applications and processes to enable informed decision making by business lines and efficient and accurate Company-wide financial reporting to executive management, parent company, shareholders, the SEC, banking regulators and others according to established Company policies and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines.
• Directs finance management information and accounting application projects, accounting and management reporting application conversions and upgrades and Company change initiatives in coordination with finance, technology and other internal and external personnel to improve and enhance the delivery of informed data to facilitate the analysis and reporting of financial results. Leads development of project scope and plans, gathers resources and directs project implementation.
• Develops strategic business relationships with business line, finance and technology managers, provides finance systems-related consulting support and guidance and communicates systems-related information, project updates and other information.
• Educates and informs business partners, identifying and sharing knowledge of financial application risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage, improve efficiency and drive management decision making. Applies expert financial knowledge to understand what financial information can be useful and how it can be obtained.
• Maintains full current understanding of various aspects of business line financials and any financial systems implications of changes, initiatives and other developments.
• Manages business relationships and project assignments with outside technology vendors. Ensures vendors meet Company requirements, work scope is clearly defined and service is delivered and/or projects are completed on time and on budget. Monitors ongoing progress and takes corrective action as needed.
• Maintains high level of financial systems knowledge. Learns and understands new developments and industry changes, determines their impact on the Company and incorporates them into ongoing financial reporting as appropriate in coordination with executive management.
• Ensures department staff is informed of any relevant changes, updates or developments.
• Understands and supports the Bank’s Customer Service Strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 10 Years of related experience
• Management experience required
• In-depth understanding of financial systems as well as financial and managerial accounting for a large diversified financial services firm
• Ability to design, build and modify financial systems; strong knowledge of systems reporting tools
• Experience and strong ability to communicate and explain complex financial information clearly, concisely and understandably
• Excellent project management skills, with ability to coordinate long-term, complex projects involving internal Company and outside resources
• Strong business relationship-building skills
• Excellent communications skills, including writing and presentation skills
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey
City (Primary) Cherry Hill