TD Bank Risk Manager II, VP - Retail Credit Risk Management in Charlotte, North Carolina
Auto req ID 217298BR
Job Title Risk Manager II, VP - Retail Credit Risk Management
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Falmouth - Gray Rd
Greenville Campus B
Wilmington - Market Street
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Risk Management
Job Category(s) Risk Management
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Risk Manager is responsible for the oversight of Collection and Recovery activities across all of TD's U.S. Retail and Small Business portfolios. This will include ongoing assessment, challenge, and optimization identification of various collections, risk segmentation and operational strategies. This role has oversight on a diverse set of Retail products and interfaces with each of the respective product/ risk and collection stakeholders regarding all collections matters.
. Reporting into the Retail Credit Risk Management group this role provides critical information, interpretative, and detailed analysis, and deploys critical credit risk rational strategies that ensures the decisions are made within the TD risk appetite and adhere to all governmental requirements and guidelines. As a seasoned manager, you will investigate, and validate various risk segmentation strategies and policies using complex data including cohort time series analysis of PCL, Marketing Investments, Decision Expense, Risk Adjusted Revenue, Risk Adjusted Margin, NPV, ROE, etc. with the limited guidance from the manager. In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring regulatory adherence and alignment across all product lines to policy, applicable laws and regulations and have oversight on issue remediation.
• Ensures sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management within the risk guidelines of the bank.
• Required to demonstrate governance, control and risk management behaviors in alignment with TD policies and practices
• Establish, track and report SLA and KRI/KPI to ensure performance meets expectations
• Evaluates the ongoing effectiveness of Collections taking into account changes in strategy, the operating environment, and regulatory requirements.
• Performs detailed analysis and interprets information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical strategies including non –standard and ad-hoc requests as determined by management.
• Leverages reports on the results of implemented strategies using all appropriate quantitative methods and MIS, and makes recommendation to increase efficiencies, reduces delinquencies and or losses and or build stronger process controls.
• Ensures timely communication of issues and encourages a good working relationship with internal and external business partners and groups.
• Ensure alignment to all collection related Regulatory requirements and Laws and Problem Loan Management Standards
• Provides oversight on issue remediation and all collections initiatives and validations to ensure accurate and prompt resolution.
• Generally an expert at the enterprise or group business level.
• Interfaces with teams beyond risk in a cross-functional manner.
• Represents business on corporate initiatives and identifies key risks and implications and provides direction in complex situations.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
• Bachelor's degree required; Graduate degree preferred or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 10+ years' related experience required
• Proficient PC skills in MS Office and a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages
• Experience with the use of Relational Databases and the process of Extract Transform Load (ETL) using common languages such as SQL or SAS
• Working knowledge of SAS Enterprise Miner, FICO Model Builder or Angoss Knowledge Seeker
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
• Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
• Extremely strong attention to detail with ability to manage a range of tasks and prioritize
• Proven ability to develop and maintain productive business/peer relationships
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced in developing and presenting recommendations to Senior Management
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine
City (Primary) Falmouth
ProvState 2 Florida
City(s) 2 Jacksonville
ProvState 3 Delaware
City(s) 3 Wilmington
ProvState 4 North Carolina
City(s) 4 Charlotte
ProvState 5 South Carolina
City(s) 5 Greenville
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.