TD Bank Risk Specialist VP - Commercial Credit Risk Analytics in Calverton, Maryland
Auto req ID 204925BR
Job Title Risk Specialist VP - Commercial Credit Risk Analytics
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
New York City
6000 Atrium Way
Avenue of the Americas (TDS)
Braintree - Hill Park
Calverton Regional Office
Falmouth - Gray Rd
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Risk Management
Job Category(s) Risk Management
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Risk Specialist develops analytical models to accurately analyze the commercial portfolio, manage the commercial allowance analytical process, and ensure an adequate loan loss reserve for the Company. Develops analyses to adequately inform management regarding the portfolio. Develops analyses and information sources to ensure compliance with the Basel II Accords. In accordance with the governing principles outlined in the TD Enterprise Risk Appetite Statement and the framework documented in the Retail Credit Risk Management Mandate, the Risk Specialist is responsible to effectively manage, monitor and control risk of the retail lending segments within TD Bank.
• Perform Model Analytics : back-testing, Historical and alternative model benchmarking, sensitivity analysis and attribution analysis
• Identifies opportunities for model enhancements and make model recommendations in order to produce optimal results Develops statistical analytical models to analyze the portfolio, including quantitative analysis, probability analysis, regression analysis, migration analysis, etc.
• Support existing models by being the expert including: explain model results, understand technical statistical approach/theory and explain in business terms to regulators, business, and audit, defend model assumptions, articulate limitations, and challenge existing models to identify improvements
• Tests the portfolio under various economic scenarios (stress testing), to determine the potential impact on the Company's Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss Reserve.
• Understand commercial credit model methodologies and translate into non-technical language • Work with production team to ensure models are correctly implemented
• Reviews model results with business owners for reasonableness.
• Write model development reports
• Aggregates data into presentation format for a variety of audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, etc. is preferred
• 2+ years related experience required.
• Strong mathematical and statistical skills to determine sound, defensible approaches to requested forecasts and analyses. Familiarity with statistical modeling concepts (Regression, Logistic Regression, Survival Analysis, etc.)
• Statistical Programming Experience (SAS, R, Python, SQL, etc.) required
• Ability to develop and execute complex models and analyses in support of business goals and objectives.
• Commercial Banking and credit modeling knowledge/ experience or related consulting experience is highly preferred.
• Ability to assimilate complex business information in order to structure relationships in processes and data.
• Ability to communicate highly technical information to inform others and practical business-based terms.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Massachusetts
City (Primary) Boston
* Additional Cities in Primary State Braintree
ProvState 2 Maine
City(s) 2 Falmouth
ProvState 3 Maryland
City(s) 3 Calverton
ProvState 4 New York
City(s) 4 New York City
ProvState 5 Maryland
City(s) 5 Calverton