TD Bank Risk Portfolio Analyst III - Retail Credit Analytics in Boston, Massachusetts
Auto req ID 195080BR
Job Title Risk Portfolio Analyst III - Retail Credit Analytics
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Tyson's Corner Regional Office
Wilton Regional Office
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Risk Management
Job Category(s) Risk Management
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Risk Portfolio Analyst III provides skilled analytical research, analysis, and project-oriented support. Analyzes the quality of key risk components of assigned retail credit portfolios. Provides analysis of portfolio risks and makes recommendations to Senior Management regarding the direction of future lending activities. Ensures delivery of accurate extracts for Basel Modeling exercises as well as serving as portfolio subject matter expert on Basel Model results. Interacts with external accountants and regulators; the Federal Reserve, Office of Controller of Currency (OCC), and Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutes (OSFI) and interacts with Risk and Analytical professionals at TDCT and TDBFG. In accordance with the governing principles outlined in the TD Enterprise Risk Appetite Statement and the framework documented in the Retail Credit Risk Management Mandate, the Risk Portfolio Analyst is responsible to effectively manage, monitor and control risk of the retail lending segments within TD Bank.
• Manages complex analytical initiatives and interacts with TDCT Risk and Retail Lending lines of businesses.
• Works independently and interacts with internal/external accountants, auditors and bank regulators.
• Directs credit activities relating to risk exposure, credit policy, and credit underwriting changes to Senior Money-out Executives
• Mentors junior level analysts.
• Oversees the retail credit portfolio analysis in support of financial, regulatory and risk management requirements.
• Provides guidance and assists staff with most complex aspects of work as necessary. Shares knowledge with others in the group. Contributes to and supports achievement of department/business unit goals.
• Acts as subject matter expert in assisting the Manager of Risk Analytics during the analysis for the US Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) for the Retail Credit Portfolios.
• Acts as a lead in other risk management related duties or special projects and performs additional duties as necessary.
• Exercises independent judgment by displaying and reaching conclusions on the most complex portfolio issues as well as assumes accountability for high quality recommendations regarding the credit portfolio.
• Supports results of analytical initiatives on portfolio modeling (including Basel), Stress Testing, migration analysis, and Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL).
• Develops analytical white papers for assigned portfolio considering current economic environments. Forecasts impact to assigned portfolio.
• Determines risk exposure, mitigation, and controls for new products, marketing campaigns, and expansion of existing programs.
• Establishes oversight of business lines compliance/risk controls and periodically evaluates risk mitigation efforts to make adjustments as risk/department influences change.
• Ensures TD Bank maintains successful audits and exams within all areas.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate Degree preferred or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 5+ Years of related experience
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages
• Strong SAS Skills required
• In depth knowledge of portfolio analysis techniques and processes
• Extensive analytical skills and practical knowledge of descriptive statistics
• Excellent research skills required for industry analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced in presenting to Senior Executives and Board of Directors
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Connecticut
City (Primary) Wilton
ProvState 2 Massachusetts
City(s) 2 Boston
ProvState 3 Virginia
City(s) 3 Vienna