TD Bank Credit Specialist I, VP – ICRE / CRA Lending in Boston, Massachusetts
Credit Specialist I, VP – ICRE / CRA Lending
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Auto req ID:
Commercial Real Estate "CRE" focuses on high quality, top tier, and well-capitalized developers, professional managers, and owner/operators of investment real estate. Specific core asset classes include: Multi-Family, Office, Retail, and Industrial properties.
• Performs in depth credit analysis in partnership with Relationship Manager on potential and existing customers to determine alignment with TD Bank products/structure TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines
• Partners with the Relationship Manager on potential structure proposals that are in alignment with TD Bank products/structure, TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines
• Attends site visits and prospect/customer calls as needed or as requested
• With support from the Credit Analyst, prepares credit applications for new and existing borrowers; Applications shall include new transactions, extensions, modifications, renewals and Annual Reviews
• Ensures applications provide a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure, due diligence, and credit presentation and adhere to AIRB methodology and address TD Banks profitability objectives
• Manages the timely approval, documentation preparation and negotiation, and closing of new and existing transactions
• Is knowledgeable of and operates within the applicable regulatory and compliance guidelines/policies & procedures (including but not limited to: AML, Privacy, Firewalls, Systems & Information Security, FCAC, etc.) and ensures that all staff complete required compliance attestations/training within required timelines
• Ensures the managed portfolio is comprehensively monitored and controlled, adhering to and administered within approved guidelines and in line with established operating policies and procedures
• Interprets and applies TDs risk management strategy (both credit and operational)
• Understands changing market conditions and remain knowledgeable of relevant industry issues
• Responsible for managing aspects of the customer relationship including, but not limited to, reviewing reports and delinquencies, signing off of covenant compliance forms and determining strategy if failures occur, completing monthly monitoring; overseeing Credit Analysts that will provide support in these responsibilities
• Attends site visits and prospect/customer calls and also attending industry functions and conferences while representing the bank at those events
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Mon - Fri
The Credit Specialist I is responsible for structuring, underwriting, closing, and managing Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)-eligible commercial real estate loans within the Institutional Commercial Real Estate Group at TD Bank, supporting new business development while adhering to TDBG's risk appetite. The Credit Specialist I performs the underwriting and portfolio functions for loans that finance the new construction and preservation of affordable housing and other community development opportunities that involve tax credit equity, governmental agency involvement and other forms of subsidy for projects that support Low and Moderate Income (LMI) communities across the Bank's footprint. The Credit Specialist I is part of Credit Management at TD Bank, which is aligned with the I-CRE line of business along with Relationship Management. Credit Management also interfaces with Credit Risk Management and is responsible for recommending loan opportunities that are consistent with the TD Bank Group's Risk Appetite Principles, including establishing the Borrower Risk Ratings and Facility Risk Ratings and structure.
• The qualified candidate has a deep understanding of affordable housing programs including Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), tax-exempt bonds, New Market Tax Credits, rental assistance programs, governmental subsidy "soft loan" programs, and state qualified allocation plans with significant underwriting & portfolio management experience in the space
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Massachusetts, New York
Boston, New York
• 4 year Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree in financial discipline preferred, other advanced degree considered
• Minimum 7 years' experience in related field
• Strong credit underwriting and administration skills
• Ability to identify and mitigate risk
• Ability to provide value-add structuring alternatives for complex credits
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated understanding of business acumen
• Solid interpersonal skills
• Customer focused
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to problem solve in less complex situations
• Technologically proficient
1 Vanderbilt Avenue Corporate, 200 State Street Corporate
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary:
Commercial Banking, Operations & Underwriting
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.