TD Bank Commercial Credit Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Auto req ID 200043BR
Job Title Commercial Credit Manager
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Location Boston - State St (10th Fl)
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Commercial Banking
Job Category(s) Commercial Banking
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Market Commercial Credit Manager is responsible for managing the credit underwriting and credit administration functions of the Regional Market or Middle Market team, consistent with the TD Bank Group Risk Appetite Principles,
including establishing the credit structure, Borrower Risk Ratings and Facility Risk Ratings for new and existing credit relationships. The job directs the Credit Management staff within its Market or Middle Market team in the monitoring of loan covenants, loan delinquency, and completion of the annual review and renewal of existing credit relationships. The Market Commercial Credit Manager reports jointly to the Regional Commercial Credit Manager and to the Market President or Head of Middle Market Lending, while working to achieve credit management objectives within the Market or Middle Market team. The job will manage a team of analysts and, depending on the size of the portfolio, may also have Commercial Credit Managers reporting to them.
· Manages a market portfolio with complex capital credit structure.
· Works in conjunction with the market to develops business in high growth markets.
· Leads a team of Credit Managers and/or Analysts.
· Manages the credit operational risk of the Market while driving profitable business growth.
· Ensures adherence to Risk Policies, implements operational risk processes, policies, and practices and drives business successes.
· Assists in executing the Market or Middle Market team’s Business Plan by ensuring timely and consistent underwriting of new credit relationships within the business unit, consistent with the TD Bank Group Risk Appetite Principles and the Regional Commercial Bank profitability objectives.
· Directs the completion of annual reviews and renewals of existing credit relationships in a timely manner and in accordance with Credit Policy in order to minimize credit risk, while meeting the service level agreement within Market or Middle Market team.
· Directs the review of compliance with loan covenants within the Market or Middle Market team.
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting, or Finance required, MBA or equivalent preferred
· 15 years experience in related work experience
· Solid credit underwriting and administration skills.
· Proven skill in identifying and mitigating risk.
· Solid understanding of value-add credit structuring in a commercial banking environment.
· Strong communication skills with understanding of business acumen.
· Coaching experience.
· Solid interpersonal skills.
· Customer focused.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to problem solve; comfortable dealing with ambiguity in problem solving.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Massachusetts
City (Primary) Boston