TD Bank Commercial Credit Manager in Auburn, Maine
Auto req ID 204119BR
Job Title Commercial Credit Manager
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Location 1 Portland Square
Auburn-Great Falls Plaza
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Commercial Banking
Job Category(s) Commercial Banking
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Commercial Credit Manager (CCM) is responsible for ensuring quality underwriting, compliance and credit monitoring within an assigned portfolio, supporting new business development while applying credit risk policy and adhering to TDBG risk appetite. This job manages the credit underwriting and credit administration functions within a Regional Market or Middle Market. The key accountabilities of this role are credit understanding and approval, people management, development and coaching of the credit analysts, and ensuring continued coaching in credit skills and capabilities development and career development for analysts. The Commercial Credit Manager manages a subset of credit analysts within a market, where teams are large enough to warrant the position. The Commercial Credit Manager works closely with the Credit Officer to ensure consistency with the TD Bank Group’s Risk Appetite Principles, including establishing the Borrower Risk Ratings and Facility Risk Ratings for new and existing credit relationships. The Commercial Credit Manager reports directly to the Market Commercial Credit Manager.
• Performs preliminary research on potential customers to determine alignment with TD Bank products/structure while also assisting in assessments of credit needs and alignment with TD Credit Risk Appetite
• Attend site visits as needed or as requested
• Supervise Credit Analysts in creation of preliminary spreads, cashflow, BRR, and term sheet used and assets on the decision to move forward with potential clients; Has oversight of Officer Analysis, input BRR, FRR, Covenant & ARD
• Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable of and operate within the applicable regulatory and compliance guidelines/policies & procedures (including but not limited to: AML, Privacy, Firewalls, Systems & Information Security, FCAC, etc) and ensure that all staff complete required compliance attestations/training within required timelines
• Assess all credit applications, ensuring they provide a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure analysis, due diligence, and credit presentation
• Ensure appropriate balance between customer risk and pricing
• Have joint signature approval on credits within delegated limits and make recommendations on all others
• Ensure the overall portfolio is comprehensively monitored and controlled, adhering to and administered within approved guidelines and in line with established operating policies and procedures
• Interpret and apply TD’s risk management strategy (both credit and operational)
• Implement and operate systems to identify and mitigate operational risk issues, including acting as the Unit’s designated anti-money laundering officer
• Understand changing market conditions and remain knowledgeable of relevant industry issues.
• Responsible for managing aspects of the customer relationship including, but not limited to, reviewing reports and delinquencies, sign off of covenant compliance forms and assists in developing strategy if failures occur, completing monthly monitoring.
• May lead a team of Analysts in monitoring loan covenants, loan delinquencies, and the annual review and renewal of existing credit relationships.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and MBA candidates preferred
• Minimum 5 years experience in related field
• Strong credit underwriting and administration skills
• Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate risk
• Solid understanding of value-add credit structuring in a commercial banking environment
• Strong communication skills with understanding of business acumen
• Solid interpersonal skills
• Customer focused
• Strong planning and organizational skills
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine
City (Primary) Portland
ProvState 2 Maine
City(s) 2 Auburn