TD Bank Portfolio Analyst - US Bankcards in Wilmington, Delaware
Auto req ID 172733BR
Job Title Portfolio Analyst - US Bankcards
Job Status Full Time
Country UNITED STATES
Province/ State Delaware
City Mount Laurel
Location 12000 Horizon Way
Wilmington - Market Street
Business Line Cards and Merchant Solutions
Job Category - Primary Business Analysis | Reporting
Job Category(s) Business Analysis | Reporting
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
North American Credit Cards and Merchant Services (NACC&MS) organization was formed in Fall 2011 and brings together the credit cards and merchant services businesses in Canada and the US. TD’s credit card products are distributed through the retail distribution network in the U.S. and Canada; on a national basis in Canada leveraging direct response channels; and, through hundreds of partnership programs with financial institutions, retailers, non-profit organization, sports teams, and other third party organizations. In addition, TD offers private label financing in the U.S. and Canada. With the acquisition of the MBNA portfolio in 2011, TD’s credit card business is now ranked among the largest in Canada and among the top 10 in North America based on loans outstanding. TD’s Merchant Services business provides merchants in Canada and the U.S. with a full range of payment processing services and solutions. TD provides merchant acquiring solutions to some of the largest retailers in Canada.
The Product Information Analyst performs a varied range of analysis from multiple internal and external sources and provides ongoing information and intelligence to the team.
• Leads the planning, creation and maintenance of more complex analysis requiring a broader understanding of Bank concepts and analytic techniques.
• Performs data extracts from a variety of databases.
• Independently directs work flow.
• Often represents the group in cross functional teams, coordinating work both within and outside the department.
• Strategic focus is more medium to long term.
• May supervise assigned staff and/or mentor less experienced analysts.
• Makes recommendations to the business regarding risks and opportunities based on various analyses performed.
• Works to provide required backup and cross training within the group.
• Utilizes analysis and research to identify opportunities for the organization to more effectively maximize revenue or control expenses.
• Manages data gathering / collection in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
• Ensures data, reports and analysis reconcile to Finance, where applicable.
• Proactively identifies unusual variances.
• Manages the flow of data to / from external vendors as required.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years related experience required
• Demonstrated database background /skills
• Experienced with complex financial modeling and advanced analytics.
• Requires specialized / advanced database skills in order to perform more complex analytical functions
• Excellent communication / presentation skills, both verbal and written with ability to translate information so that users can effectively understand and make meaningful, informed decisions and recommendations.
• Demonstrated project management skills with ability to develop, facilitate and bring to successful conclusion.
• Ability to develop project plans, works independently and effectively under time constraints within a fast paced environment to deliver results by critical deadlines.
• Ability to build business and technical relationships as well as other business partners.
• Demonstrated PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (strong Access & Excel skills a must) with an understanding of database design and troubleshooting
• Data driven with strong analytical capabilities preferred
• Portfolio Analyst experience preferred
• Financial / Credit Card experience preferred
Hours Mon - Fri
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Delaware
City (Primary) Wilmington
ProvState 2 New Jersey
City(s) 2 Mount Laurel