TD Bank Risk Product Specialist in Falmouth, Maine
Auto req ID 167696BR
Job Title Risk Product Specialist
Job Status Full Time
Country UNITED STATES
Province/ State Maine
Location 12000 Horizon Way
Falmouth - Gray Rd
Business Line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Risk Management
Job Category(s) Product Management & Development
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Product Specialist II performs product research, analysis and implementation of basic products, services, programs and offers.
• Coordinates product research and analysis and development and implementation of moderately-sized products, services, programs and offers.
• Works with business lines on an ongoing basis reviewing existing offerings, modifying them as needed as a result of business goals and competitive pressures and developing new initiatives based on business line needs and market research on customers, competitors and trends according to established policies and procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Meets with business line and management personnel regularly to maintain understanding of current business situations and product-related needs.
• Performs ongoing research into a variety of product related areas, including competitor products and pricing and customer patterns and trends; orders research reports, reviews data, performs analyses and prepares summary reports and recommendations, including product performance reviews, competitor actions, customer profiles and market potential.
• Conducts primary research as needed to obtain specialized information not available from secondary sources, such as new product viability, reasons for customer loss, specialized product pricing and information on particular market segments.
• Coordinates vendors and others to conduct customer and competitor surveys; personally conducts surveys as needed.
• Obtains and incorporates information from Company customer and other databases if applicable.
• Develops new products, services, programs and offers together with business lines, other internal marketing and outside resources, other Company personnel and management as necessary.
• Prepares product strategies, specifications, profitability analyses and revenue projections, coordinating with finance and other areas as necessary, subject to the review of more experienced personnel or management.
• Identifies target markets and key customer and Company benefits. Develops proposed pricing, competitive positioning and marketing plans.
• Conducts demonstrations, incorporates feedback and obtains necessary approvals. Provides development support to more experienced personnel as needed.
• Implements new products, programs, services and offers with business line partners, involving any necessary inside or outside resources required.
• Creates implementation plans, assembles necessary personnel and coordinates efforts to complete projects.
• Maintains ongoing communications with other areas of marketing department to ensure promotional and other support is appropriately provided to new products, services, programs and offers.
• Reviews the competitor pricing information and recommendations made by Product Spec I.
• Coordinates with training department and others to educate internal personnel about new products, services, programs and offers to ensure effective introduction of new initiatives. Prepares informational materials as necessary, including product disclosures and fee schedules.
• Converts products, services, programs and offers of acquired companies into overall Company offerings as assigned.
• Ensures all products are in Compliance and meet all regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
• 5+ Years of related experience
• In-depth knowledge of financial products and services
• Experience in finance or accounting preferred
• Demonstrated experience in secondary and primary market research and analysis
• Strong Project management skills
• Strong analytical skills, with ability to draw appropriate conclusions from data
• Proven ability to summarize large amounts of information and present logical recommendations
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
• PC skills
• Credit Risk experience preferred
• Reporting experience related to credit & credit strategy preferred
• Lending background - credit lending, underwriting - preferred
• Database experience (SAS or SQL) - preferred
Hours Mon - Fri
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine
City (Primary) Falmouth
ProvState 2 New Jersey
City(s) 2 Mount Laurel